A New Way To Look At Winter
I was never a huge fan of winter. Quite honestly, I was quite happy to close the door in the fall, grab a good book and hibernate until spring. That was not such a great idea!
My Plans for This Year
It's nearly October as I plan this article and I'm determined to make the most of this winter. When you think about it, we have a lot more winter months to contend with than summer months so it just makes sense to make the most of them. This year, that is my plan!!
Thinking about Winter
... a few things that we could do!
1. I now try to go for a walk every single day. When I was volunteering at our local public school, I did yard duty every day and was amazed at just how gorgeous a winter day could actually be!
2. We have a huge park across the street. Might be a good time to take up snow shoeing or cross country skiing. How badly can you hurt yourself on horizontal surfaces. Downhill... we just won't go there. And the calories that you would burn... that's definitely a perk.
3. The kids are all grown up now but there is no rule about going sledding and with a brand new granddaughter, we have a new reason to go outside and play!
4. Make snow family to greet everyone as they walk past our house during the colder months. If you can put a smile on the faces of passerbys, we have done our job.
5. Go hiking in the woods. It's so quiet and peaceful.
6. Put out bird feeders. Honestly, I don't know how those little guys survive out there without a little bit of help!
Now Here Are Some Ideas!!
These works for Ella ;) and some would work for me too lol!
How Do You Feel About Winter... HONESTLY
My Location for This Winter...
Wasn't Expecting This!!
We left the Toronto Ontario area nearly three years ago for business purposes and I never dreamt that winters here in Chicago could be worse that Toronto weather. I was definitely in for a surprise. To be fair, it could simply be a fluke. Fingers crossed that winters this year coming, won't be so bad!!
|Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan Sled, 35-Inch, Blue|
Whether they're new to sledding or have been sledding for years, the Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan Sled - 35 in. Blue is guaranteed to provide hours of fun. This classic plastic...
|Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan Sled, 48-Inch, Red|
Your kids will love being outdoors this winter with the Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan Sled - 48 in. Red. Strong and durable, this plastic sled is made with built in handles as w...
|Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 4-Foot Toboggan Pad|
Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 4-Foot Toboggan Pad
|Lucky Bums American Made Heirloom Collection Wooden Toboggan with Standard Pad, 72-Inch|
Blend the past and present together with the beautifully designed Lucky Bums American Made Heirloom Collection Wooden Toboggan with Standard Pad - 72 in.. This classic wooden sl...
The good, the bad and the ugly lol
1. I can remember sledding with dad down old roads in the dark. Of course the roads were used anymore?? I can't remember ever seeing a car. I must ask my mom about that! (the best)
2. I can also remember standing out on the side of the road in a mini dress... waiting for the bus. We weren't allowed to wear jeans to school, but I could have changed once I got there. What was I thinking? (bad)
3. I must have been about twelve years old. The entire neighborhood would head down the street to go skating in the neighbors back yard. (very good) except when I had to take my little sister with me ;)
4. And, then I got older and sledding with boyfriend in a Oshawa golf course was of course...(very good)
5. One of my favorite memories were the mall visits at Christmas time. I just loved the busyness of it and oddly enough, everyone wore smiles on their faces and said "Merry Christmas" to everyone. (very good)
6. Sadly enough, those mall visits just aren't the same any more. Everyone rushes around looking exhausted and just wishing that the holidays would soon be over. Now how sad is that?? (bad)