Wedding Gloves for Brides and Bridesmaids
Are you trying to choose the right gloves to go with your wedding dress? Matching the gloves to the style of your wedding dress is important.
Wedding gloves are not essential, but some styles of wedding dress look better for the wedding ceremony and the photos if worn with gloves.
Wedding gloves come in different lengths, styles, colors and fabrics It is important to buy the right gloves as they need to that match the dress to look good. That means matching not just the color but also the decoration that is on the dress and gloves.
This is a page will help you to choose, find and buy right style of gloves to complete your wedding day look.
Different Styles of Bridal Gloves.
Buying gloves to wear with a wedding dress.
Selecting gloves to wear with your wedding dress has probably come low down on the priority list of things you need to buy; but getting the right pair of gloves to go with your dress you is an important part of creating the look you want for your wedding day.
- Wedding gloves need to be matched to the dress they are being worn with. This is why there are a selection of different styles and lengths wedding gloves here, with different styles of decoration on them.
- Buying the gloves for your wedding here online saves you the time you would otherwise have spent on searching for the right style to buy.
A Classic Style of Satin Wedding Gloves.
A style of wedding glove that are stylish and simple to wear, as there is no need to remove them for ceremony.
3 Reasons to wear bridal gloves for a wedding.
- You feel that the style of wedding dress you are wearing means you need your arms to be covered for the ceremony part of the wedding.
- You are having a themed wedding and the gloves help to create the 'look' you are looking for. (You may want to look for vintage style gloves that match the era that your wedding gown represents.)
- You do not like your arms bare.It may be that you love the style of dress and it really suit you; but covering your arms with long gloves makes you feel more comfortable and confident and that means you will look better and happier on the day.
Ivory Satin, Lace and Pearl trimmed Bridal Gloves.
Fingerless Wedding Gloves.
Reasons why brides might want to wear gloves the wedding ceremony and wedding photos.
- Gloves in beautiful styles that match your dress can make a sleeveless dress look good for the wedding ceremony and for the photos.
- Brides may feel that covering your arms is a good idea for a wedding ceremony in a religious building such as a church.
- When wearing a wedding gown that is off the shoulder, gloves or a shoulder wrap may be a good idea for the ceremony part of the wedding.
Satin Bridal Gloves with Lace and Pearls.
Wedding Gloves that would look good a satin wedding dress. These gloves are trimmed with pearls and lace so would go well with a wedding dress that had either or both of these as part of the design.
The lace decoration on the gloves is a style that might work well with some vintage dresses.
Buying the right bridal gloves to go with your wedding dress.
How to match your gloves to your wedding dress.
- Wedding gloves like the dresses come in different fabrics,colors, white and ivory being the most popular but they also come in oyster,cream and beige and other shades.
- Bridal gloves come in different lengths.
- Some lengths of wedding gloves might look better with the style of your dress than others.
- When choosing a glove try to match not just the color but also any decorative features on the gloves to the dress. This means if the dress has pearls on it look for gloves in the same color and if you want them to have decoration on them, look for a decorative style that features pearls too.
- It is better to wear plain gloves, than to have the embroidery on the gloves not match decoration on the dress.
Selecting a style that is easy to wear.
- Finger-less gloves are a good idea, as they save the problem of having to remove your gloves for the wedding ceremony. These gloves are usually held in position by a loop over your finger that holds the gloves securely in place.
- Some styles of gloves for brides fit closely to the arm and lay smooth while others are designed to be worn slightly ruched up (gathered).
Bridal Gloves in Ivory or White satin with a lace and pearls.
Lace Wedding Gloves for a vintage look outfit. These gloves are ideal for wearing with a White Vintage Wedding Gown.
Having problems matching the color or shade of your dress to wedding gloves?
- It is a good idea when buying gloves to wear with your wedding dress to match the material of the gloves are made in to that of your wedding dress.
There are good reasons for this, one being that a color match will be easier to find if you are buying satin gloves to go with a dress made in satin. A fabric like satin, often 'bounces light' of its surface so that gloves in another fabric may look a different shade even if they are both called 'white'.
Satin Wedding Gloves in Champagne, also available in white, ivory and other colors.
Wearing gloves for a bride is optional.
Why do brides wear gloves?
A wedding dress often looks better with gloves, even if they are only worn for the first part of the day for the wedding ceremony and photographs.
With some styles of dress the gloves add elegance to the look.
It is really up to the bride which look she prefers when it comes to deciding if she should wear gloves with her wedding outfit or not.
More pages with wedding day ideas for brides.
3 Reasons why you might not want to wear gloves for your wedding day.
- Wearing gloves might not work with the look you want to create.
- Wearing gloves is another thing to cope with at the ceremony.
When you get to the part where you exchange your wedding rings. You will have to decided when buying the gloves if you want to wear finger-less style bridal gloves to make this stage simpler. Wedding gloves which allow you to have your fingers free make carrying the flowers, holding hands and shaking hands with guests easier. This style also allows guests to admire your new wedding ring.
- If you wear gloves that require removing for the exchange of rings you will need to hand them over to someone at that stage. Unless you select style that does not cover your fingers, in which case the ring can be placed on your hand without the need to remove the glove and you have your hands
Some brides just wear the gloves for the arrival part of the ceremony and for photos.
More Ideas for Bridal Accessories.
As I mentioned in the article about buying shoes for your wedding day,cream,ivory and even white accessories can vary in their color tones. The gloves and wedding shoes sometimes need to be looked at next to the dress (in different lights i.e. natural daylight and under lighting) before making your final decision on which ones are most suitable.
If you wish to see a selection of shoes suitable for brides here is a link to a website called Light in the Box - wedding shoes for brides.
Wedding gloves can be bought online at eBay, white bridal gloves.
Disclosure: This page generates income for authors based on affiliate relationships with our partners, including Amazon, Google and others.