Best Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts are one of those little things that can make life 10 times easier. Here is a list of my favourites.
Learn a few quick, easy and handy Windows 7 Shortcuts
Tricks that might speed up your article writing
I use my computer a lot, whether I am doing research, writing or just reading intersting article on the internet.
I have found that in order to not be overwhelmed by all the windows I have open at any given time, it is nice to know a few great Windows 7 Shortcuts.
They make it easier for me to work with my computer and even though I am not very tech savvy I find them easy to remember and to use.
Window manipulation shortcuts for Win 7
Manage your windows with ease
- Windows Key + D: Minimizes all windows, press Windows Key + D again and and they will return to maximized status.
- Windows Key + M: Minimizes all windows. Difference between this and the above is that pressing Windows Key + M again will not restore the windows to maximized status.
- Windows Key + Space: All windows becomes transparent until you release the windows key
- Windows Key + Up Arrow: Maximizes your current active window.
- Windows Key + Down Arrow: Minimizes your current active window
- Shift + Windows Key + Left or Right Arrow: Moves your current active window to the monitor on the left or right. (provided you have one of course.)
Buy Windows 7
|Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack|
The best entertainment experience on your PC Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you ...
|Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade|
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Upgrade GFC-00020 122
|Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack|
Everything you need for work and homeWith Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows ...
|Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack (3-User)|
Windows 7 Home Premium offers a rich, dynamic entertainment experience on your PC, making it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and ...Only $149.95
|Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium|
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium GFC-00019 122
More Great Win 7 shortcuts
Navigate your computer faster
- Windows Key + R: Brings up the Run command prompt
- Windows Key + E: Brings up Windows Explorer (also sometimes referred to as the "My Computer Folder")
- Windows Key + Pause: Brings up the System Property Window
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc: Brings up the Task Manager
- Windows Key + Plus Sign: Zooms in where you have the mouse pointer
- Windows Key + Minus Sign: Zooms out
Which of the above is your favorite Win 7 Shortcut?
My Personal Favorite Win 7 Shortcut
I am hard pressed to choose as I use most of the ones listed above on a regular basis, but if I had to pick my favorite Win7 Shortcut it would probably be Windows + D. I often find myself having a lot of applications and other windows open and sometimes it helps your overview if you just minimize everything for a moment.
The Win + Left/Right arrow is also handy for this as you can move windows obstructing your view to your other screen for a moment.
My favourite Windows 7 Shortcut from a fun perspective is the Win + Plus/Minus. I don't know if I am easily entertained, but zooming in multiple times on a specific part of a website amuses me. That being said I can see it coming in handy for people who might have trouble seing smaller details. They can of course also use good old trust Ctlr + Mouse Wheel.
In the end, Windows Shortcuts are just a way to navigate your computer and the content you are working with faster.
Hopefully this article has given you a few more helpful tips and tricks that can speed up your workday ever so slightly.
Learn More about Win 7
|Windows 7 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle|
Windows 7 is Microsoft's much-anticipated new release of the operating system that powers nearly 90% of the world's computers. This two-for-one package provides the step-by ...
|Windows 7: The Missing Manual|
In early reviews, geeks raved about Windows 7. But if you're an ordinary mortal, learning what this new system is all about will be challenging. Fear not: David Pogue's ...