Following on from a suggestion made by Chef in another thread here is a new thread concerned with the notion of self-publishing. This is not for everyone, but there are those here on Wizzley that have a number of articles related to the same subject which could form the basis of a (or many) good Kindle or other eBook offerings.
As most of us are Amazon affiliates it is easy to add Kindle book production to our portfolio.
The advantages are:
1. They can work side by side without any hint of duplicate content (from an SEO point of view).
2. Interlinking articles and ebook content helps each of them.
3. If you are aiming at a keyword the Amazon authority gives a major boost.
4. Being a published author, albeit self-published, can boost your authority in the genre or niche you target.
5. I'm gonna stop there - perhaps this intro is better placed in an article for all to see...........
Anyway, you get the drift.
As stated in the other discussion thread I am putting together a strategy to take the maximum advantage of the opportunity offered by self publishing. I have been less productive on Wizzley whilst starting this exercise. If you are interested in taking advantage of my research and future strategy concepts, then please indicate your possible interest in a reply below.
I had intended to keep all informed by e-mail, then thought of setting up a specific forum, but if Wizzley is conducive to me using this forum thread to achieve what is necessary in conveying how we could all work together for the benefit of us all, then I shall do so - and thank them for it. (Wizzley will benefit if my strategy works as they will have articles written that review the e-books).
It is early days yet on this but I shall endeavour to keep those interested abreast of what can be achieved and where to find the 'right' (no pun) information to make it a profitable venture and one that proves that the best (by being published) writers reside at Wizzley.
By the way, it does not matter if you have already published on Kindle, or through a pdf, nook etc.. Your experiences will be gladly incorporated into how the final strategy comes together.