Hair Accessories for Brides
If you are trying to choose what to wear in your hair for your wedding day here are some ideas for bridal hair combs and other decorative hair accessory styles for brides.
A selection of bridal hair combs and ideas for matching a decorative comb to the style of your wedding dress. There is also a section with ideas for making your own hair accessories for your wedding day. Which can be a great idea if you are creative or want to save money.
Combs are ideal for long hair worn loose or in an upswept style. Decorated hair combs will look good with or without a veil and offer an elegant modern or classic alternative look to wearing a tiara.
There are ideas for birdcage veils which combine elegance and style with a romantic charm from a past era.
A page of beautiful ideas for head dresses and hair accessories for your wedding day. The decorative combs and bird cage veils here are selected to cover a range of styles from modern to traditional. There are also tips here on selecting hair combs and accessories to go beautifully with your wedding dress.
This page includes ideas for making hair accessories for your wedding day as well as styles that are available to order online.
Ivory head dress with feathers and flowers, an elegant style for weddings that formal or informal.
An ivory feathered bridal head piece to wear on the side of the head.
This style is in an ivory shade and is suitable for wearing on the side of the head which means that it will look nice with an upswept hairstyle. The use of feathers in this style creates a soft feminine image. Shown here without a veil but it could be worn with the type of veil that fastens to the back of the hair. If worn with a veil it would be best to put this hair accessory with a shorter length style such as a shoulder length veil with just one or two layers.
This style of floral feathered hair accessory would look good with a classic wedding dress or could be worn for a beach or outdoor wedding. The feathers on this style of bridal head dress are pretty and neat so that the style is not overwhelming and is easy to wear what ever the weather does.
Some of the more flamboyant plumed feathered styles which use ostrich feathers may not be a good idea for wearing for outside photographs. The larger fluffier feathered styles may be more difficult to match up to a veil style too.
Bridal head wear a Birdcage Veil with feathers.
An easy to wear pretty hair comb with white feathers, crystals and pearls.
Bridal Headdress Styles with feathers.
An Elegant and stylish bridal headdress with birdcage veil and feathers.
White birdcage veil, flower fascinator with comb.
This style will look good with many different styles of wedding dress.
The feathers and flower of this style create a feminine look with a neat birdcage veil this is an attractive and easy to wear look for a bride.
Decorated Hair Combs for Brides - styles with crystals or rhinestones.
Decorated bridal Hair Combs with flowers, crystals or pearls.
Featured here are 3 different styles of comb. Which you will prefer will probably be decided by the style of your hair, wedding dress and if you are wearing a veil the style of your veil.
With some styles of hair comb you might prefer to match them up in pairs, to wear either side of your head,, but again this will depend upon your choice of hairstyle and if you are wearing a veil or not.
- The first of the hair combs above here is a bridal style with pretty flower petals glazed in white enamel it has highlights of Austrian crystals and also has white pearls. It should go well with a white or off white wedding dress. The size of the first comb here is four and a half inches and it is about one and a half inches wide at its widest.
- The middle of the hair combs is silvered colored and as you can see in the photo it looks good positioned on the side of the head. There are flowers with a crystal and pearl look.
- Style three is a different look and is for the bride who wants rhinestones rather than flowers or pearls for a hair accessory.
See further down the page for how to postion this type of decorative hair comb and also birdcage netting styles.
Bridal Hats and Headdresses with Russian veiling for a birdcage veil.
A headdress with a birdcage veil can create a style that is feminine look which can be demure or alluring.
- The first birdcage veil is a hat style with silk flowers at the center. Wearing it as in the photo on the side of the head is probably the best way to position this style. You could show a photo of it to your hairdresser and ask her to work a style for you that will work well with it.
- The middle style hat has pretty feather details. This style marries the best of the romantic styles of the past with a modern look. This hat/headdress could be used for a vintage themed wedding.
Classic Elegant Bridal Birdcage Styles with Russian Tulle Net Veiling.
Birdcage Veil Styles for a Wedding.
Feather and pearl with birdcage veil.
The third style featured above has a comb the flower is feather and it also has freshwater pearls this fascinator also has a birdcage veil. the comb is silver in color and can be used to fix the birdcage fascinator to either the top of the head or to one side.
You may need pins (bobby pins) to fix the veil to look like the image above select ones that look best in color white or matching your hair color depending on how you are using them to fix this.
A Bridal Vine Headpiece.
Vintage Style Hair Accessories for Brides.
A Beautiful Flower and Birdcage Headdress.
This is a sparkly crystal crown style tiara and it has combs to help hold it in the correct position.
Brides who have purchased this tiara say how pleased they are with its appearance for the price.
- When fitting on a bridal tiara. Many tiara styles are built on a base of wire and this helps to keep the weight of the style down and makes them flexible when fitting to ensure a comfortable fit. This does mean that you will need to adjust and fit the tiara gently and make sure you do not over bend the wire it is constructed from.
This wedding tiara has a vintage style look to it.
Hair Accessories for Brides.
Matching the different parts of a wedding day look.
How to choose what to wear with your wedding dress.
Choosing what to wear for your wedding day is exciting but it can also be stressful trying to put the total outfit together to create the look you want. Sometimes it is easier to have a theme and to create your look for the day around this concept. It is important to make sure the individual parts of the look that you create matches perfectly and combine to create the style you desire for your wedding day. Try lots of different styles of hair accessories until you find the one you feel suits you, goes with your hairstyle,wedding dress and wedding veil if you are wearing one.
- Vintage wedding dresses will look good with vintage style bridal accessories from the same era.
If you are wearing a vintage style wedding gown try to find a hair accessory that matches the era and style that the dress is based on. Try researching authentic illustrations from the time that the wedding dress was made or the time that the replica dress is based on.
- Themed weddings. The bridal outfit will need to play a big part in the themed look. It is worth finding the right hair accessory as well as dress. If you cannot find the right style then try to find someone to make the design you want. See further down the page for ideas on making headdresses for weddings.
- Try to match the bridal hair accessory to the decorative features/embellishments of the wedding dress.
A satin wedding dress would look equally good with crystal,floral or pearl combs or clips. If your dress is decorated with pearls or crystals you will probably want to continue the theme in your choice of hair accessory.
Ivory Colored Pearls and Crystal Flowers Hair Comb.
The perfect wedding hair comb to wear with a French pleat hair style.
A Decorated Hair Comb with fresh water pearls. This type of comb can also be worn in pairs.
A Pearl and Swarovski Crystal Hair Comb for Brides or Bridesmaids.
Looking for a Beautiful Bridal Hair comb with Pearls and Crystals?
This hair comb is a suitable style for wearing with a traditional or modern wedding gown.
Pearls go well with a satin or a brocade wedding gown. Pearls have warmth to their color while the crystals will add a touch of sparkle to the look.
The size of this bridal hair comb is 2" X 3" and can be worn singularly or in pairs. You could position one comb on each side of the head for a symmetrical side swept hair style.
Planning to make the most of your hair accessory with your hairstyle.
Decorative hair combs can be worn by themselves or with a bridal veil. The ways to wear a single or pair of bridal hair combs are more versatile than you might think they are. The most important thing to consider when choosing and buying a decorative hair accessory to wear for your wedding is the style of your dress and how you are planning to wear your hair.
The color and thickness of your hair and the style you are planning to wear it will mean that some hair combs will work better for you than others. If you have dark hair even smaller combs decorated with crystals or rhinestones will probably show up well on your wedding photos. Someone with very light blonde hair might need a hair accessory that is larger or has more 'to it' for it to show up well on the photos. The nearer in color of the decoration on the hair comb to your own hair color the less it will show up especially on the photos. Your hairdresser should be able to help you plan a hairstyle that will make the most of the hair accessory that you are buying for your wedding day.
Buy Bridal hair Combs on offer from eBay.
This is a place where you will find a varied selection of hair combs and other bridal hair accessories on offer.
On eBay.com there is usually a limited number of an item on offer so it is a good idea to order promptly if you see a style you like.
Tips on buying accessories to go with the wedding dress.
One of things that can be overlooked when purchasing wedding accessories is a white wedding dress put next to a white veil and shoes might not match as perfectly as you would want them to. Strangely white can vary in the shades that it comes in and this can be more noticeable when you put natural and synthetic fabrics next to each other. So if you are buying a veil it is a good idea to buy silk if the dress is silk and also to look at it next to the dress. If it is a long veil such as a waist or cathedral length then drape some of the veil fabric over the dress to see how they will look together when viewed from the back. Ivory and cream in some cases the variations in their shades can be even more noticeable.
It is a good idea before the wedding day to look at the entire wedding outfit together. Either lay the dress, shoes head dress and veil out in a good light and check that the shades of ivory, white or cream that you are putting together match. Alternatively have a full dress rehearsal checking that your shoes are the right height and style for your dress and that the head dress, the wedding dress and veil as look as good together as you hoped it would.
Finding hair accessories for your bridesmaids.
When it comes to selecting hair accessories for your bridesmaids you may find you have a different set of choices and possibly problems; to those you have made when choosing and buying a style to wear yourself.
The choice of hair accessory for your bridesmaids will probably be affected by -
- The bridesmaids' hairstyles may vary in length and styling.
- The bridesmaids may have different ideas on what styles they are 'willing' to wear. You may get bridesmaid friends who do not like fascinators or diamante try to keep that in mind when choosing the style, but see the next point below this one.
- You need the styles they wear to compliment your own bridal hair accessory choice. Your hairstyle and hair accessory should be the best and get the most attention. This is especially important as the one that you choose to wear needs to compliment your wedding dress. In other words do not let them persuade you to let them (the bridesmaids) wear something that you are not happy with. You may need to remind them that it is your wedding day,you are the bride you should have the final say.
If you want to adapt a hair flower for a small child who is a flower girl or a bridesmaid, it is a good idea to attach the flower to a hair-band or to a headband to keep it in position Children tend to have finer hair than adults and a flower clipped into the hair may not stay in position. Alternatively you could make a flower hair circlet for the child to wear, with smaller flowers but of a similar style to the ones that the adult bridesmaids are wearing.
Fixing a birdcage veil.
How to put on and position a bird cage net veil.
You can make your own bridal head wear.
Tips on how to style a headdress for your wedding.
- It will be easier to learn how to make a bridal hair accessory if you start on something simple like a flower girl's or bridesmaid's hair accessory.
- You can base your design on the way it will be fixed such as a headband, decorative hair comb or on a clip that fastens into the hair. Select whichever one suits the style and is easiest to wear.
The type of metal hair combs that are shown are able to be decorated with beads,fake peals or flowers. You can use stitching or wire these onto the metal-wire-hair-combs.
Making Decorative Hair Combs.
Combs can be used to make decorative hair pieces for brides, bridesmaids or for a flower girl.
Hair combs are not difficult to make it just takes a bit of time to design and make one. You can attach beads, flowers or feathers to your hair combs with either fine wire or glue. Fix the beads,flowers and comb together with carefully applied glue, use one which is suitable for the materials used.
If you want to buy hair combs to make hair accessories for a bride or bridesmaids; it is a good idea to buy ones designed with a row of holes at the top. The holes along the top of the comb make it easier and neater to attach beads,feathers or flowers to the hair comb by stitching or with fine wire.
Buying a hair comb in metal in the color to match your hair or outfit is worth considering, try the different colors to see which works best. Silver color with white is good but if the comb is going to show and you have dark hair then they are available in a black metal finish too.
Ideas for beading a crystal headdress.
How to Make a Fascinator Hat for Weddings and special occasions.
What is Russian Netting Fabric and Where can you buy it?
Here are examples of Russian netting which is used for making birdcage veiling and for trimming hats and fascinators.
Another article on selecting and buying a bridal hair accessory or headdress.
Buying a Pattern to Make Your Own Wedding Veil.
A Pattern for Making Bridal Veils.
More Wedding Day Ideas for Brides.
Disclosure: This page generates income for authors based on affiliate relationships with our partners, including Amazon, Google and others.