Forget about shaving like you've seen others do because most of them are getting it wrong. If you want to preserve your complexion and youth for the best appearance possible you must shave correctly. The role models you have are likely doing it all wrong and they too could benefit greatly by changing the way they shave, doing it in an entirely new manner. The old method of shaving proves to be the best and yet has been cast aside for a quick and speedy shave. This is a guide to shaving the best way possible to preserve and care for your skin with little effort.
How to Shave Properly - The Right Way to Shave for Men and Women
Learn the proper way for men to shave their face and women to shave their legs. First time shavers get it right the first time with this accurate guide to optimal shaving.
When to Start Shaving
It’s good to practice shaving and yet it’s not necessary to do so at any particular age.
The moment you begin to notice hair on your face, if a guy, or on your legs, if a girl, is a good time to begin the hair removal process. It’s important you learn to do it right without making costly mistakes that may affect your complexion or the degree to just how hairy your legs get.
Ladies, girls and women do not want much if any hair growth encouraged on their legs. Men, boys and gentlemen want to develop an even and shapely beard growth.
Do You Shave Properly?
Perfecting the Five o' Clock Shadow
The perfect facial hair growth for men.
Men, boys and males tend to want to encourage hair growth achieving a nice even beard or five o’clock shadow for the sexy Don. Johnson look.
Who is Don Johnson?
He’s the hot actor who made the five 0’ clock shadow a hot look all men hoped to perfect.
It makes for the perfect close beard women love and men can enjoy on the weekend or other times when they take a day or two off from shaving. It looks good and yet can only be achieved when proper shaving techniques are achieved.
The rugged Don Johnson look must be clean and free of break outs and harsh lines.
Getting The Perfect Shave
The perfect technique for shaving your face for men.
Start by collecting the tools and accessories needed for the perfect shave.
Tools Required for the Perfect Shave
- A Shaving Facial Towel or Barber Towel
- Pre-Shave Oil Softeners
- Shaving Cream
- After Shave
Barber Towel Set
Daily Shaving Technique for Men
Carve out the time to include the proper shaving ritual into your day.
First and foremost you should steam your face by laying a hot towel on your face. Steep or dunk a clean dry barber towel into a sink of hot water, comfortable to touch, wring out and lay over face relaxing a few seconds, up to 30 seconds or longer but don’t allow the towel to cool on your face.
The warm towel on the face opens pores allowing the hair to swell rising from the pores for a better closer clean shave. This can be done while in the shower adding a shower mirror for shaving.
Fog Free Shower Mirror
Shaving a Tough Course Beard
Men who have course prickly facial hair should soften facial hair before shaving.
No one, man nor women for that matter, should shave in an aggressive manner regardless of how much hair you have or the degree to which it is course or rough.
The amazing pre-shave oils or creams available for shaving soften beards making it easy to shave the coarsest of beards or facial hair.
This saves your complexion from undo stress, breakouts and rashes.
If you have a course tough facial hair use pre-shave oil to eliminate this problem while shaving for a neat and gently shave.
Step by Step Shaving for Men
The simple steps of shaving properly can easily be added to the busiest routine.
- Begin by steaming face with a barber towel either in or out of shower.
- Apply Shaving Cream in a Downward Motion. (after shaving oil or cream)
- Shave in the direction the hair grows typically downward. Shave with the grain of hair as it changes around the face and along the neck. Determine the grain or direction of beard or facial hair growth by running hand along face and neck if it feels prickly or resistant you are going against the grain if smooth and lying down while running hand along hair it is the grain or in the direction of hair growth, shave in this direction.
- Finish shaving by rinsing face and neck well allowing the water temperature to cool down a bit using tepid water to close the pores of the skin.
- After shave can now be applied if you tolerate it well. Don’t use any types that cause redness or irritation. Aftershave is used to close the pores tightening the face to seal the deal if you will. Plus it smells nice.
Note: The Nivea for Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm above is the perfect balanced way to pamper your face to achieve the ultimate look and feel.
The Mistake Women Make Shaving Legs
The biggest mistake women and young girls make when first starting to shave their legs is going overboard.
Young ladies who begin to shave their legs tend to be overly excited making sure to shave and shave well only leading to the common mistake. Women should only shave their legs from the knee down. Most women don’t grow anything other than downy type hair above the knee and you want to keep it that way.
Girls you do not want to replace that hair with more work or damage cut and dry your upper leg area. If it feels soft and barely there don’t shave.
Gillette Venus Bikini Kit
How to Shave Legs
Women, girls and females waste time shaving areas of the leg they should not.
Dark haired women may have dark obvious hair on the upper portion of their leg and therefore opt to remove it.
Fair haired women, blondes and redheads, tend to have less hair or very fine hair that is soft and hardly visible to the eye or touch. If you are among this type do not shave your legs above the knee. Many redheads and blondes only need to shave their calves as they have no notable hair growing on or around the knee.
Rule of Shaving for Women – If you can’t see thick dark hair and I mean really see it being like oh wow that’s a lot of hair, don’t shave it.
Steps to Shaving Legs
Following these easy steps for shaving legs offers optimal results for smooth beautiful legs.
Step by Step Shaving for Legs
- Warm legs in warm water or with a hot towel, this softens and raises hair making it easiest to get a close shave.
- Apply shaving cream to one leg at a time, so it doesn't dry.
- Run the razor against the grain of hair growth typically down, run hand along hair if it feels soft it’s the grain if the hair feels prickly it is not.
- Once all hair is removed rinse and move on to next leg repeating the process.
- Finally once you've removed all appropriate hair, rinse well, and while legs are still damp apply moisturizing after shave lotion for soft supple legs. This locks in more moisture for soft sexy legs.