How to use the discovery tool in Squidoo
This page shows you how to use the discovery tool in Squidoo to increase traffic to your lenses.
Use the Discovery Tool in Squidoo
Increase traffic to your lenses
Recently I have noticed that a huge number of people are not making use of the DISCOVERY tool in their Squidoo lenses to increase traffic. This tool allows the writer to have their lenses displayed in the sidebar under the RELATED LENSES heading. If you don't set it for your own lenses then Squidoo will add other people's. Now that is fine if you want to promote them but often they are not lenses you want. In my experience those lenses are usually chosen from the top tier which doesn't give the little guys chances of improving in the rankings. This article shows you the very simple process of how to use the DISCOVERY tool to send traffic to your other lenses instead of promoting other folks.
This is something that is well worth doing for all your Squidoo lenses. It is also great for rankings if you are seen to update your lenses on a regular basis and this will count as an update. Take the time to go through each of your lenses and add lenses but don't forget to come back and change them too. It is nice to be able to change which lenses appear in your side bar, think about seasonal changes or adding newly published lenses or lenses that are more closely related to the topic of the main one. As an added bonus you will also find yourself creating more lenses within a niche the better to advertise your work.
Step by Step guide to using the Discovery tool
- Open your lens in EDIT mode.
- Click to EDIT the INTRO MODULE.
- At the top you will see 3 tabs - Intro Text, Table of Contents, Related Lenses
- Click on the TABLE OF CONTENTS and turn it ON - you can pick how your table will appear - this is worth doing on all your lenses - Googles LIKES tables of contents!
- Click on the RELATED LENSES and it will open in a window with a table of 6 empty lines, the same as in the Featured lenses module.
- Click to turn it ON.
- Fill in the empty lines with URLs from your own lenses - if you are copying and pasting, you will need to remove the www bit, it is already in there for you and I've found if I duplicate it in the lines, the tool doesn't work well.
- Either SAVE or continue on to the INTRO TEXT.
- Repeat with all your lenses.
More articles by AnnMackieMiller
Do you use the Discovery Tool
Squidoo on Amazon
|The Squidoo Success Formula Training Guide - Everything You Need To Know To Make Money From Squidoo!|
The Squidoo Success Formula Training GuideWhether you are looking for ways to make money from Squidoo or generate traffic to other web sites, "The Squidoo Success Formula Traini...
|Squid Profits: Squidoo Keyword Research Success Formula|
Want to make Squidoo lenses that rake in the sales?Whether you are new to Squidoo or a frustrated lensmaster with Squidoo lenses that just can't get any traction, this keyword r...