Designing Jam Jar Labels on Zazzle
A few tips, tricks and links to create jam jar labels in your Zazzle store. Taking jam jars from the mundane to ahh-mazing with these personalize-it jam jar labels.
How I Designed My Jam Jar Labels
Demonstrating the steps for you
As I was creating jam jar labels to place for sale in my Zazzle store I got to thinking other Zazzle store keepers might be curious what I did to make the various labels. I'm pretty darn happy how they turned out and making each label fed the creative bug in me.
Read on to find out how I designed my jam jar labels...I encourage you to leave your Zazzle tips and any questions in the comments area at the bottom of this page.
Homemade Strawberry Jam Label
Cute and homey
This happens to be one of my favorite jam jar label designs. Strawberries and bees go so well together, don't you think?
Steps to how I designed this cute and homey label...
- Chose the round sticker
- Placed the gingham background; making sure to take image outside of the borders to cover the whole sticker.
- Added strawberry and bee graphic and resized to fit sticker and font; graphics purchased from DigiScrapKits by Trina Clark
- Placed font; changed color using the Chrome Extension tool Color Pick and resized each line to fit on the sticker
Homemade Plum Jam Label
Bright and colorful
Proud to say this label design won the Today's Best Award for October 13, 2011.
Steps to how I designed this bright and colorful label...
- Chose the large shipping label; configured to vertical design
- Placed the purple checkered background; making sure to take image outside of the borders to cover the whole sticker
- Added the plum graphic; downloaded from Clker.com, the place to go for online royalty free public domain clip art
- The text was added in a couple different lines and adjusted color to compliment the design
Share your Zazzle tips in the comments.
Allowing Your Customers to Customize Your Designs
The tool to use while designing on Zazzle
On each of my jam jar labels I made the text a template object, which allows your customers to customize each label on the product page. The images below give you a better idea of what I am trying to convey in text. :)
The two biggest tips I can give you as you create your customized item are...
- For personalized, renaming-type products (i.e. by MacKenzie or made in Madaline's kitchen) include a name with 8 or more letters versus say, Ann or Bob, so when your customer customizes the label their name will fit in the space provided. Make sense?
- Before clicking on Post for sale review, move as needed, fill out the product page label box, and then save each of your text lines in the order you would like them to show up on your product page. I personally like them to show up from top to bottom as they appear on the label.
Author's note: A couple of my labels look rather scattered because I did not complete #2 of my biggest tips.
More about template object designs, a Zazzle tutorial.
Please leave any questions below, in the comments area.
Plum Jam Personalize Sticker
Designed with my photography
The plum blossom image on this label is from a photo I took and tweaked in my photo editing program (a link to My Flower Photography Tweaks is provided below).
Steps to how I designed this tweaked photography label...
- Chose the heart sticker
- Made the background a solid color to compliment the flower image (click on edit-->background and choose color or fill in hex code)
- Added 5 of the plum blossom images, moving each to fit/overlap on the sticker. The bottom two petals I made as template items just in case the customer wanted to remove them to add more text
- Placed the font on each line; sized and adjusted to fit on the sticker
A Few More of My Jam Jar Labels
Drop me a note if you have a question about these designs
Check Out These Related Pages
Discover more of my writing online
Cute and Practical Jam Jar Labels
Jam jar labels can be as easy as slapping on a piece of masking tape on a jar, writing a quick note with a date and calling it good. Seriously, I've been gifted with some damn good jam labeled that way!
Country Primitive Graphics
For a unique and novel gift ideas consider giving that special someone country primitive graphics and clip art.These graphics can be used for any number of projects both on and off line.
My Flower Photography Tweaks
Using online and computer software programs to tweak our photographs is extremely popular, novice to professional. On this page I'm showcasing my flower photography tweaks using Paint.net
Articles here on Wizzley
Thank You for stopping in today!