Why I Own A Macbook
I could never go back to a windows now!
My Macbook Pro!
I'm writing this article from my macbook and I always have plenty of people asking me why I use a mac and not a windows pc. They tell me that a windows pc costs them about half the price of a macbook for the same specs. (Specs are the hardware details of a computer such as the RAM, hardrive space, processor, etc...) I used to be one of these people before I thought to myself "oh what the heck" let's give it a shot. I bought my first mac which was a macbook pro 13" and let me tell you I could never go back to a windows now! It's so easy to carry around and I never leave home without it!
Image Source: http://www.apple.com/ca/macbookpro/performance.html
Do you own a mac?
My Personal Reasons
- The best thing I like about my macbook is the multitouch pad. I can switch desktops (you can create multiple desktops on a mac), switch tabs, open apps, close apps, resize, zoom, and an array of other features. A popular app I use is called jitouch which expands the capabilities of the mac touchpad to do basically anything you like.
- The sleep mode on my macbook pro is simply amazing. Close the lid, it sleeps. Open the lid and it's wide awake almost instantly! I use this on a regular basis and almost never shut down my macbook.
- A macbook is made by parts ALL from apple where as a windows pc is made from parts from many different companies all put together. Sure this means that you could build your own windows pc laptop but it also means that there are compatibility issues as well as a difference in quality. Simply put macbooks have higher quality material put into them.
- Installing apps on a mac is almost instantaneous when compared to installing on a windows. It's a matter of simply draggng and dropping apps into the applications folder. Uninstalling is just as easy since you just drag and drop into the trash can.
- It lets me do the stuff I used to do on a windows so much faster such as file sharing between friends ( I simply just airdrop it to them now). Air drop is wifi sharing built into macbooks new operating system, OS X Lion.
- It looks a lot cooler than any other windows laptop I've ever seen with it's simple and clean layout. The cool apple which lights up on the back of the screen is iconic all over the world for it's innovative and world changing products!
- The chiclet keyboard makes for quick and easy typing for me over using a joined keyboard on many windows laptops.
- The battery life is extremely good lasting me over six or seven hours at a time with many applications open and running. However many windows laptops are catching up in this area but a macbook pro can compete with battery life's of netbooks which is quite amazing!
- Oh, and not needing to install antivirus software is just another bonus of having a mac since it is very difficult for hackers to write a virus code for the mac os.
- Leave a comment telling me YOUR reason for loving a mac. If you don't have a mac or think that a windows is better then there's a place for you to tell me that too!