For the most part, a young entrepreneur does not fully understand the intricacies of all the start-up cost of their fledgling lawn mowing business. For instance, many kids today have only used dad’s top of the line Honda, Toro or maybe a John Deer self-propelled lawn mower. Good mowers all I grant you, easy to start, self-propelled make them easy to push, bag, mulch, and side discharge grass clippings very well. However, generally speaking, this all comes at a high price, $500, $600, or even more.
Outdoor Money Making Tips For Teens This Summer
By mowing lawns for profit kids learn the steps to becoming a successful young entrepreneur use the safest inexpensive lawn mower to earn money.
Using an Inexpensive Lawn Mower and Make a Profit
I believe we will all agree that is too high a price to pay. Shoot at the $500 price point, will take mowing many yards just to recoup the initial investment.
Let us think about that for a minute. Say the going price for cutting a lawn in the neighborhood is $25. A little simple math later, $500 divided by $25 = 20 lawns to cut just to cover the initial investment cost of a $500 mower. Dear ole dad’s top of the line mower will cost more than that to replace. Now for dear ole dad that is fine, he has a well-deserved reputation, for rewarding himself with the best brand name lawn and garden tools his hard-earned money will buy to keep in mind.
Starting up a new lawn mowing business, a successful young entrepreneur should limit the cost of such a major investment, to let us say, under $300 and still get a high quality lawn mower that cuts grass really well.
Recycle all your lawn and garden waste using one of these handy cantainers
Mowing Lawns for Profit
For many kids, their first real taste of what it takes to make their own money starts with mowing lawns. Oh yes, it begins rather simply. The next-door neighbors go on vacation. Their mower is in the shop for a tune-up, or countless other reasons.
The fact remains, our young entrepreneur gets a taste of how sweet it is to earn their own financial independence, or so they believe anyway, that is cool, right. On the other hand, our future business leader has thoughts of using dad’s lawnmower, weed eater, blower and well I believe you see where this is going. This as they say, that dog won’t hunt, junior needs to learn making money has its own set of responsibilities. After all, any self-respecting successful young entrepreneur mowing lawns for profit use the best inexpensive lawn mower their hard-earned money will buy, right.
Lawn care business Plan
7 must have lawn mower features for under $300
1. First thing to keep in mind, self-propelled lawn mowers are heavy, cost more to operate and maintain, and add $150 + to the price of a mower, forget about buying a self-propelled model.
2. Buy a mower that will bag grass clippings and leaves, this material finely cut by the mower blade makes great compost. Both flower and vegetable gardeners will pay a premium price for organic compost.
3. Buy a mower that will also work as a mulching mower. Many homeowners like to recycle grass clippings back into their lawn.
4. Buy a mower that has a side discharge chute attachment option, for mowing overgrown spaces that are too tall to bag or mulch.
5. Buy a lawn mower with a premium gas-powered engine, for instance take the Honda GCV160 used on the Husqvarna 7021P 21-inch push mower. This Honda OHV 4-cycle engine is a great choice. Fuel efficient, easy starting, quiet and has a well-deserved reputation for long lasting dependable service.
6. Look for a lawn mower with large 12-inch ball bearing wheels and adjustable mowing height ranging from 1.5-inches to 3.5-inches.
7. Another must have feature, adjustable folding rear handle makes it easy to store under a shelf in the garage and storage shed. With the handles completely folded down, makes hauling a mower in the back of a mini-van or SUV easy.
Husqvarna 7021P 3-in-1 lawn mower
Buy the Husqvarna 7021P 21-inch push mower and make a profit
Helpful Tip, buy the Husqvarna 7021P 21-inch lawn mower from amazon and check out the free super saver shipping at checkout.
The Husqvarna 7021P, equipped with the 160cc GXV Honda 4-cycle carb compliant engine, 3 in 1 deck, with easy to adjust handles and high rear wheels. Absolutely will be the best choice for our young entrepreneur starting their first lawn mowing service. For that matter, anyone looking for a great hand-push lawn mower for under $300 will be well satisfied with years of trouble free service.
Think about this for a moment. Using the simple math, $300 divided by $25 = 12 lawns to mow to cover the cost. How long will that take, one week, maybe two tops. Shoot at the end of the mowing season, simply sell the used mower for profit, let us say $100, or so just for fun. Remember, successful young entrepreneur mowing lawns for profit use the best inexpensive lawn mower.
Best wishes. Teddletonmr