Pick a theme, I say. And you respond with - how? This is where your own personality and likes come into play. Start asking yourself questions.
- What's your favorite color?
- Do you like vintage or retro looks?
- Is modern and crisp your style?
- Do you like feeling transported to a different place?
- Is being surrounded by floral what you like?
- Do you enjoy having lots of guests join you?
- Do you prefer quiet alone-time?
- Are you a romantic at heart?
- Do large bright splashes of color make you feel good?
These are just some of the questions that can help you pick a theme for your outdoor living space. If you favorite color is blue, like mine, you can start your theme with blue. What colors do you like to compliment blue with? For me, it's lime green or white. So right off the bat, I can start choosing items in those color schemes.
My sister is a romantic. Anything that rings of floral Victorian era makes her feel good. She has already surrounded her inside living space with soft florals in muted tones of pink and mauve. So you know her outdoor living space is already themed.
Let your own personality be your guide to choose just the right theme for your living space that just happens to reside out of doors.