It's either a really hot day, and I'm sweating like a pig about to pass out, or it's really cold and I don't want to leave my haven of a bed. Something about extreme weather makes me sleepy and completely brain dead. Truth is, I'm more of a cool weather sort of girl, but that doesn't stop me from lazying about. On regular days I surf the internet, explore the fridge, and dive into my library...but perfect weather gives me a chance to go walking or swimming at the beach as well. Whether you're hot summer day lover or a rainy cloud dreamer, here's 10 things I love to do when I'm bored.
10 Fun Things to Do When You're Bored
Bored? Guilty of wanting to do something fun when the sinks full of dishes? Well, here's a few pointers to make your day. Doing the dishes might make that stern mother happy, too.
P.S. Look at both of the lists for a full range of ideas. Something on the 'sunny' side can be perfect in the shade indoors as well and vice-versa. Enjoy!
Ten Things To Do When You're Bored
Attention All Vampires - Blood Sucking Fest Tonight!
Okay, so it's not really just a 'night' thing, but here's something to do when your indoors and staying that way.
1.Don't Just Take the Cake and Eat it. Make It Irresistible. Just because the Harry Potter series finally came to a conclusion doesn't mean you have to forget your magic-casting love. Take a look at a couple "witchy" recipes in the articles section, or get a kit if you want an 'official' kit for some reason, and cast a spell of you're own. Plus, the reward will be sweet. Provided you don't put too much salt in your deserts like I do.
2.The World is Ending! Maybe... Have something to say, but just feel like the world wouldn't care less or that there's no time to care? Stop right here! Blog about it or write a fiction (fanfiction or original) with a website whether it's wizzley.com, wordpress.com, or for crazy fun on fanfiction.net. From Naruto to a (gasp!) Hermione and Malfoy love story, someone's written it. Meet people who share the same interests as you. Even if it's getting jealous of National Geographic expeditions on the forums or learning that, yes, a cafe doesn't just serve coffee. In Japan, one is built to look like a boy's boarding school...with fake-students/pretty boys ready to serve coffee to the ladies on lunch break.
3.Too Serious to Have Fun - Build a Cash Machine. Now I know you've probably heard how unreasonable it is to make money online, but here are a few resources for the bold and serious. Create a business, make a simple plan, and CHARGE! Learn the ups, downs, and possibilities. For free resources, start by reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki to change the way you think of the rich. Then make money from blogging, selling on ebay, or even writing your own e-book. There are tons of websites, 'beginner kits' that talk about the basics of building your own online business (like a $30 program full of tutorials), and experts. Look around, beware of scammers, and be an entrepreneur. Get Rich Click by Marc Ostrofsky is a good start for the serious.
4.Love to Read or Love to Draw? If you aren't inspired by your surroundings, prepare to be awed by some of the works all over the world. Head to these sites, get involved, and change the way you see the internet. Read books by candle light to appease angry parents? Read blogs, go to fanfiction.net or wattpad.com, or create your own reviews...these are just starter points. Artist? Go to DeviantArt.com or ShadowArt.com and be amazed by the supreme skills of some artists. Don't worry, all levels are welcome and encouraged.
For the "Sun Bather" Type - Jump, Dance, Sing? Here's What You Could Party With!
For the outdoor, sun-loving people...or just the active peeps out there. Night crawler or not :)
- Take a Calming Walk. Enjoy the scenery and learn to find some hidden treasures while you're at it. Small pebbles, fossilized leaves, and beautiful flowers waiting to be pressed make up a treasure trove. Use as decorations, make crafts, or get a little romantic and wrap a bouquet. There are endless ideas waiting to be found on a walk.
- Got the Groove? Be Active and Sing like Disney! Start up some karaoke, turn up the radio. Here's some fun ideas from around the world to get you're jams on! From drunk office workers to family parties, music can get anyone pumped. Go to a karaoke bar and do what most office workers in Japan do - drink, sing, and have a blast with the team. Or grab a CD and party at home. Heck, make it a disco and shake those booties. Alone? No problem. Look out the window, stare at your neighbor, and start singing Disney. Nothing beats Disney, after all.
- Okay, Okay, You''re Stressed, Go Do Something Random - and Immortalize it. Shop as you travel, wash your car, eat at that Italian restaurant you hardly go to...do whatever you want as long as you take a picture. Then post it, save it, or pin it for the world to see. Social media makes it easier than ever to tell your friends...all over. Facebook, MySpace, Pintrest...you know. Maybe you'll win a contest.
- Ever Window Shop and Try to Look Good Doing it? This Time Uglify That Trip. That's right. When you're done watching those movies and want to act out, go to that luxury store and try on the ugliest mix you can find. Fake boa with cowboy boots and a fur vest? Say hello to Mama's Crazy Adventure. Everyone's trying to look good and sometimes that's fun. Yet, it's the pink blazer, wacky afro guys that truly stand out. Be a star, act out, and if you want to hide your identity, there are always make-up and sunglasses.
- Now, This IS a Pleasant Surprise - Edward Gave Me Something To Quote... You Know Who. This is for my cousin, Kat, who never runs out of things to say to make me laugh. Here we go: when you want to have a random kick, grab a magazine, grab-e a friend-e...and bedazzle that sucker. See Christian Bale? Bedazzle that charmer with glitter and some sunlight. Want some new toothpaste from the ad? Grab your mother, point to your teeth and say "Bedazzle me, please!" You get the picture - look to find a few more funny examples to trip your friends up...but mostly yourself ;)
- FINALLY, the Bottom! What To Do When You Did Everything You Know. When you've tried every random, funny thing you could possibly find, do what I do. Play some Youtube songs and take a few "classes". Hit the museum, watch a speed drawing video on YT, or explore eHow.com. All in all, if you want to do more, learn more. Enhance those skills. It's more fun when it's actually something you like whether it be how to make awesome nail art or how to build your own slingshot.
Time left: 2 weeks, 3 days
Fixed price: $4.49 Buy It Now
Top Harry Potter Recipes
A link to great HP recipes to try out.
Top 10 Harry Potter Related Recipes
A link to top 10 HP recipes. Great for the whole family with cakes, juices, toffees, and even beer. Along with pops, wands, and slugs for good measure.
Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free, Harry Potter...what more do you need?
Harry Potter Party Menu: Deserts
Magically delicious and oh so sweet! Check these concoctions out.
|Cross Century II, Black, Fountain Pen, with 23 Karat Gold Plated Appointments and 23 Karat Gold P...|
At 5.25 inches, The Cross Century II Black Lacquer w/ 23 karat gold plated nib Double Broad Point Fountain Pen is presented in vibrantly polished black lacquer and highlighted w...
|No. 1s Karaoke|
2010 five CD collection of karaoke versions of 100 of your favorite #1 songs. Includes versions of songs originally performed by Lady Gaga, Beyonce, JLS, Katy Perry and many oth...
|Portable Karaoke MP3 Lyric Player with 3-inch Lyric Screen, SD Slot and 50 Songs|
It has a 3 inch lyric screen for mp3 karaoke. 50 pre-loaded karaoke songs with lyrics displayed. It is compatible with ipod (r) & mp3 player. It has a secure digital card(tm) sl...