Create topic New topics

Forum

Help me, please!

Getting 404 errors?

KathyMcGraw

Hi,

I was trying to go to a couple profile pages and got error messages...wanted to friend someone that isn't in the new people forum?  I clicked the name...and the picture with no luck?

Kathy M.
nightowl
Admin

Hi Kathy,

that should not happen. I just tried friending newcomers, and had no problems. Can you please describe to us on which page you were when this happened? An did you click on someone's profile pic or the name?

Thanks

SEO Praxis: Specializing in WordPress Hosting and Small Business Web Design.
KathyMcGraw

Hi Nightowl,

I saw Makingmark here on the thread she started asking about drafts....I clicked her name and her picture and got the message on both.

Kathy M.
ronpass
Admin

Hi Kathy

I have just done both - clicked onmakingamark's profile and name shown in the new author list and it worked perfectly.

Here's the direct link:

http://wizzley.com/authors/makingamark/

I find I get a 404 error for a page when my router drops out or the modem loses connection - if there is no other logical explanation.

Ron P.

Ron Passfield, PhD, is the creator of the 6 month social media training program, SquidooRoo
KathyMcGraw

Thanks....I didn't see her in the new Author part, only here in the help forum, but will use your link ;)

I just tried the link in a new tab and again got a 404 error :(    This isn't my computer, and the browser is IE 8 I think?

### I just tried to click Heather's name and picture on the New Author page....on the right sidebar for people that liked this site...nothing?  Are those profile pictures supposed to be clickable?

Here is what the page says: 

Error 404 - Page Not Found
http://wizzley.com/authors/makingamark/

Don't panic! You may check the spelling of the address you have entered.
We gladly answer all your questions

Kathy M.
Hans
Admin

Hi Kathy,

because of spamers only the profile of authors who have published a page is visible. But we correct this now...

Hans

PS: It is corrected :-)

My Tip: Public domain images on Pixabay.com :-)
makingamark

Hi Kathy - I saw you here this morning (Hi! Laughing ) and went to write you a message and got the same problem. 

I can well understand why Wizzley would want to be more careful when people are joining who we don't already know.

I sent a message re the problem that happened to me.

Glad to see the fix has been put in place - and I'm still sitting here thinking how nice this all is!

Katherine Tyrrell is makingamark. My art blog Making A Mark is rated #3 in top 25 art blogs in the UK.
KathyMcGraw

Hi MM,

Yes, nice to see their plan was/is to stop spammers, and equally nice to see that now I can friend you.  I haven't written anything yet....so guess I am/was invisible.  Lordy the profile set-up was easy.....seems like a cool site.

Kathy M.
lakeerieartists

Hans and Simon are awesome and very responsive to us too.  Really great to work with.

Paula Atwell (aka lakeerieartists) is the owner of an online art gallery, Lake Erie Artists Gallery and a freelance writer
Loading ...
Error!