I'm guessing you've heard the term bucket list or kick the bucket. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. How to write a bucket list is simple, getting started is the hard part as most people don't like thinking about death avoiding it at all cost. The bucket list is about living not dying. The answer to getting started is not to think about dying rather think about living as if nothing stood in your way. A bucket list is a dream list of the most amazing and wonderful things you would love to do in life if there were no mental, physical or monetary limits period, it's a wish list beyond all wish list!
How To Write A Bucket List and Why
A bucket list is a great way to keep us focused on both what matters and our goals. Learn the best way to write a bucket list and why you should. Why you should have a bucket list
What Is A Bucket List?
A bucket list could be the most important thing you ever write.
The goal of a bucket list is to inspire us to do things we otherwise would only dream of if not for the all inspiring list.
The bucket list serves to remind us, prompt us help us to continue dreaming as it is those dreams that motivate us to truly enjoy the time we have in the here and now, in this body!
Where to Write a Bucket List?
The most important thing about writing a bucket list is first doing is and second doing it in a way to keep it safe and secure to stand the test of time.
Writing it gives you something to aspire to, dream about and bit by bit make happen.
If you write it, it stands a very good chance of happening. It's okay if you don't do all of it, the important thing is having it and doing anything on the list. Achieving part of it is far better and more rewarding than doing none of it.
A bucket makes life more thrilling, more purposeful. To all those of you out there still wondering what your purpose is I say to you create your bucket and there you have it!
The Rules of Writing a Bucket List
Keep it simple and honest when writing your own bucket list.
- The rule about writing a bucket list is there is no rules, no pressure, no order, reason or rhyme, nothing but a list of your deepest desires and aspirations and all without limits.
- Your list may be as long or short as you like you may add to it and take away, it's your list, feel free to edit it at anytime.
- Create it in no particular order, in fact order means nothing do it as you think of it.
- In fact staying connected and involved in any way shape or fashion is a positive.
- Do anything on the list as the opportunity arises.
- You never have to complete the list, thinking this only holds you back from creating a really good list.
- The list is a guide as to the to do list of joy in your life, none of us knows when the creator of the list will cease to exist and therefore no pressure to complete it is ever acceptable.
- Being the proud owner of your very own bucket list is an honor in itself.
- Check off or draw a line through each thing you do and enjoy your win.
- Have a copy of your bucket list in a safe place just in case you damage the one you use sky diving or cooking in France.
Those who've created their list report they do the things on the list more easily than they thought possible. Having a bucket list somehow makes it happen, you become on the look out for any opportunity to make your list come to life. Having the list is like buying a red Volvo, suddenly you notice Volvo's everywhere. I recently just bought a new volvo and now I notice them everywhere, and the brand of car itself more than ever in all colors. We've all experienced this phenomenon something comes into our life and suddenly the entire world comes to life with the very same thing. This principle holds true with bucket lists, you make it and it unfolds.
A Personal Bucket List
My Bucket List
- Live in a tree house - this one has evolve into a really cool tree house one could live in permanently
- Ride in a hot air balloon with my two daughters
- Take my kids to Disney
- Spend time writing in Hawaii
- Take a route 66 vacation with my girls
- Write a best selling song or two or three...
- Make a living as a writer
- Write and direct fun, educational and moving children's plays
- Have my own green house just off the back door of my kitchen
- Grow organic food for myself, family and friends, with help of my gardener
Okay I'll stop there you get the idea, enjoy your new lease on life with your bucket list!
Much Love and Happiness, Katie
How to Write Your Bucket List
A plan for your life's hopes and dreams is the heart and soul of any good bucket list.
It's never to soon to start your bucket list, don't put it off. The best way to start is by drafting a plan, you may write it effortlessly and you may get stuck, either doesn't matter. All that matters is getting started. You may want to write your bucket list in a fancy journal or on a post it note, the medium does not matter,
it's the dream you give birth to that will change your life. The mere act of believing in yourself by anticipating you can do the things on the list and are worthy of doing these things will change your life. There is amazing power in simply writing things down. It is my feeling every human on the planet should be expected to write a bucket list. It would make the world a better place. In fact I myself will share with you my bucket list just to give you an idea as to how easy it is. I add to mine from time to time and remove some things, just as in life changes occur and I evolve as does my list.