Colloidal oatmeal, a pulverized form of traditional oats to which water has been added, contains complex sugar beta glucan, natural form of vitamin-E, and saponins that gently clean the skin and form a protective film on it to seal the moisture within. Oatmeal based soaps, body soaks and moisturizers provide a natural treatment for skin rashes, eczema, and atopic dermatitis that get aggrevated in winter season.
Say Goodbye To Winter Dryness With Colloidal Oatmeal
Colloidal oatmeal, a fiber rich super food works wonders to heal the dry, itchy and inflammed skin that is common in winters.
Oatmeal - the natural moisturizer
Oats are rich in beta glucan
Skin Benefits Of Oatmeal
What is Colloidal Oatmeal ?
Oats or Aveena sativa have been used as a healthy breakfast option since hundreds of years. Being rich in fiber and loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, oats are heart healthy and reduce cholesterol effectively.
Colloidal oatmeal, an FDA approved miracle ingredient of moisturizers, soaps and body washes, is prepared by fine grinding traditional oats and then adding water to the oat powder to make a thin, milky white liquid.
Wintertime dryness, particularly of lower extremities, is a very common and bothersome condition. The hands, forearms, cheeks, lips and trunk may also be affected.
Itch, a dry appearance, chapping and cracking of skin are more or less prominent. This condition is further aggrevated by low humidity.
Winter dryness is more common in elderly individuals and those with atopic dermatitis. Excessive washing exacerbates this problem.
Oatmeal based moisturizers
Ways in which Colloidal Oatmeal heals dry irritated skin
- Oatmeal contains complex polysaccharide sugar beta glucan that forms a sticky, gelatinous mass on adding water to it. This forms a protective film and prevents water loss from the skin. It naturally repairs the skin barrier binding the epidermal cells together. This relieves dryness and makes the skin soft and supple.
- Oatmeal contains natural form of vitamin-E and lubricating fats that moisturize the skin.
- The natural aveenanthramides present in oatmeal based soaps and body baths help build skin defense against microbes and reduce the itching and discomfort in chicken pox.
- Oatmeal is rich in fiber that swells up on combining with water and reduces skin dryness that commonly exacerbates eczema and psoriasis.
- Oatmeal contains saponins, the natural cleansers with emulsifying and foaming properties, making it a perfect skin cleanser, exfoliant and a natural wintertime body scrub.
Oats for a supple and soft skin
|Aveeno Fragrance Free Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin, With Natural Colloidal Oatmeal, 3.5-Ounce Ba...|
Aveeno Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin cleanses and gently exfoliates your skin with oatmeal. The unique soap-free formula blends powder-fine oatmeal, nature's own gentle cleanser...
|Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, 7.3 Ounce|
Only Aveeno has harnessed the soothing power of Active Naturals oatmeal to help you care for your skin with eczema. Developed with leading dermatologists, this breakthrough crea...
Time left: 4 weeks, 1 day
Fixed price: $14.00 Buy It Now
Various forms in which colloidal oatmeal can be used
Oatmeal has natural skin rejuvenating properties. It can be used in the following forms for a fresh, radiant skin during winters :
- Bath soaks
- Face wash
- Natural body scrub
- Dry shampoo