Buy Computerized Sewing Machines
Sewing machines can make a great gift for any crafty person in your life.
A staple of DIY
Sewing machines are a worthwhile investment and solid gift idea. They allow any person to become a fashion designer, a crafter, and even a businessperson. From minor repairs to outright creation, they put the power over your clothes back into your hands.
Brother CS6000i Sew Affordable 60 stitch, Free-arm sewing machine
|Brother CS6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine|
This light weight computerized sewing machine is heavy on the features that you are looking for! The CS-6000i has 60 built in stitches including, utility, decorative, ...
Brother CS6000i Information
"Don't let the low price fool you. This is a great machine!" - Plein Jane
The general consensus for this machine is that it is an incredible value to be snatched up, rather than debated. It comes with the same attachments as $1,000 models, offers useful features other bargains didn't even consider, and is much lighter weight and easier to move than the more expensive models.
"I wanted a mid-range sewing machine with some flexibility, and this is the machine." - J. Hrametz
Cheap Sewing Machines
|Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine with 30 Built-In Stitches|
The Janome Magnolia 7330 Computerized sewing machine combines lots of sewer friendly features in a wonderful machine. The 7330 has 30 well thought out stitches. Included in ...
|Brother PC-210 PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine|
This Limited Edition Project Runway machine allows you to take your wardrobe into your own hands by creating hip, fashion-forward clothing like that seen on the runway. This ...
|SINGER 8763 Curvy Electronic Sewing Machine|
The SINGER 8763 Curvy sewing machine boasts 30 built-in stitches including two fully automatic one-step buttonholes, adjustable stitch length and width, and Drop & Sew bobbin ...
|Janome DC1050 Computerized Sewing Machine|
|Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 14 Built-In Stitches|
With unsurpassed quality, a cast aluminum body, drop feed, a free arm, an automatic needle threader and much much more the Janome HD1000 is quite an impressive machine. The ...
|Brother PC-420 PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine|
This Limited Edition Project Runway machine fuels your creative impulse to fashion customized clothing fit to fancy your wardrobe tastes. Complete with a wide array of 294 ...
How to Buy Online
Because of the nature of online purchases, it is important to remember a few tips:
- Read the reviews with a grain of salt. Try to ignore the very low or very high ratings, as these may be fake (competitors or manufacturers). The more detail, the better, but if you think they may be lying, again, ignore them. Better to feel comfortable.
- Buy from a reputable dealer - this means via major stores like Amazon.com, or through independent sellers in marketplaces that have many good reviews.
- Always check the return policy to make sure it works for you.
If you are buying a sewing machine as a gift, then follow these tips, too:
- Don't buy a sewing machine outside of the person's abilities. If she is a passionate seamstress, then get a fancier and more feature-rich model. If she is just beginning as a hobby, then sticking with a less intimidating model is probably your best bet.
- Price has little to do with ability-level. Mechanical sewing machines are inexpensive, but they are very difficult to use - especially for beginners. Computerized machines are more pricey, but can be the most friendly, as long as they are well-designed.
Other Gifts Ideas for Crafty People
- Informational books on sewing, or project books, which sometimes come with guides.
- Other art and craft supplies - especially if they are into things like scrapbooking, doll-making, or quilting.
- Nice sewing accessories, like heavy duty thread, buttons, and trim.
- A collage or other project you made yourself. This has sentimental value and appeals to his or her interests.
- A book or movie about inspiring people or things - something that will give them creative fuel for years to come!