Latest comments

Facing Chronic Illness in a Christian Way
Trying to see my health issues in perspective was made easier by an email from a friend telling me that he is dying of cancer. At my ailment does not kill.
frankbeswick, 7 hours ago
Cruising to Shetland
Derdriu, the ponies were taken down the mine to pull coal waggons.
frankbeswick, 1 day ago
Cruising to Shetland
Orcadians consider themselves Brits of Norwegian descent. The photo was taken by a member of the crew. Small bushes can survive in these northern isles, particularly in sheltered gardens. It is the same with shrubs. I saw no vines. I imagine ...
frankbeswick, 1 day ago
Cruising to Shetland
Also, people from Orkneys are known as Orcadians here.
Veronica, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
Derdriu you say; Would Orkney-ites consider themselves Norwegian Brits or Brits of Norwegian descent? Also, would other woody plants such as bushes, shrubs and vines survive on Shetland? Great questions. You have an enquiring mind.
Veronica, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
frankbeswick, Happy 70th! Thank you for practical information, pretty pictures and product lines, and thanks to you and your wife Maureen for sharing your voyage so well that it's almost like we were there, what with the photos and matching ...
DerdriuMarriner, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
. Good description. That is what I would define as ethnicity as opposed to nationality.
Veronica, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
Our family is a mix of mainly Irish, followed by English and a bit of Scots. I celebrate all elements in my heritage and am at home in the British Isles. My identity is therefore multi-layered, making me British and English with strong ...
frankbeswick, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
Genuine question ; Why do you count yourself as British? Our mother felt Scottish/ English, Dad and our youngest brother felt English. Me - Irish . You must be the only "Brit ethnicity " in the family. :) I have a British passport as a ...
Veronica, 2 days ago
Thanks.
frankbeswick, 2 days ago
History of Iron Works
pateluday, Thank you for practical information, pretty pictures and product lines. Ancient Hawaiians perfected wood-working to the degree that their equipment and spears respectively cut and pierced competitively with metal. Hawaii is mineral ...
DerdriuMarriner, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
It is apparent you had a wonderful experience, and I wish you many more. In addition to your providing a glimpse into British geography and history, the words you use often are not heard in America, which makes reading more enlightening.
blackspanielgallery, 2 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
I gave Maureen responsibility for the pictures.
frankbeswick, 4 days ago
Cruising to Shetland
Absolutely fantastic. What a great piece. I am fascinated by Orkney and Shetland and would like to visit. Great photos too.
Veronica, 4 days ago
A Visit to Beaumont Botanical Garden
Wizzley does allow us to see much of other places. I have learned much of England reading Frank's articles as well as yours and much of India reading Pateluday's articles. Sharing is a good aspect of Wizzley, and making friends is another.
blackspanielgallery, 8 days ago