Latest comments

Haunted Castles
In New Orleans there are no castles, but haunted tours are aplenty. I know not the nature of the appearances.
blackspanielgallery, 7 hours ago
Haunted Castles
Frank... It is interesting to think about Castles in other countries that make the United Kingdom. what about Irish Castles? I still don't believe in ghosts though. :)
Veronica, 10 hours ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
FRANK .... TY ..... Hadrian's Wall, especially Vindolanda Fort , has artefacts which show occupation by families and children from the Roman occupation. These are on display in the exhibit. Even little children's shoes are on display. ...
Veronica, 14 hours ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
Roman occupation in the North West of England was almost entirely military and Western England North of Chester was the first part of England to be abandoned by Rome [except for Hadrian's Wall.]
frankbeswick, 22 hours ago
COVID 19 ART .... my journey to mental health
BSG, Yes indeed Ty. My endeavour was never intended to do any more than to occupy myself during COVID Lockdown. When it is over, i may never pick up a brush again. But it has given me a creative purpose and outlet and I have found it a very ...
Veronica, 22 hours ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
BSG Evidence oof Roman ooccupation has been found in the approximate locality, so i assume that is why they thought it was a good idea. What with Roman lakes and then Miss Marple they have fallen lucky. :)
Veronica, 22 hours ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
BSG Thank you for commenting . In Victorian times, when train lines were extended out to Marple, the locals wanted to make the most of the new trend for the Great British Day Out as opposed to a holiday. They re-named their Lakes as "Roman ...
Veronica, 23 hours ago
COVID 19 ART .... my journey to mental health
Keep at it. Every artist had a first piece, then another, and so on.
blackspanielgallery, 1 day ago
Planning Christmas Decorations Can Be a Pleasant Experience
Lockdown is affecting all of us. Yet there are those who gather in large groups and extend it by spreading the virus. The rest of us must find passive activities to cope, which is what was intended.
blackspanielgallery, 1 day ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
Interesting how names do not always indicate what is, example Roman lakes. Why would this be so?
blackspanielgallery, 1 day ago
Use of Art in 20th Wartime Propaganda
Thank you Tolovaj. I think the artistry with limited resources makes these especially interesting.
Veronica, 1 day ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
TY Tolovaj. I am delighted you had a good weekend. Was that round Bled or Bohinj? Interestingly, I am revisiting Brabyns for a walk tomorrow. Also, I started the Fairy Tale morals and meanings course last week and i am enjoying it immensely.
Veronica, 1 day ago
Brabyns Park, Cheshire Days Out
I just returned from a 'sport-weekend', one day exploring our Karst world with caves and the next one climbing up to 1989 m - nothing better to get the feeling of being alive again. Phisical activity and nature are best natural anti-depressants ...
Tolovaj, 1 day ago
Planning Christmas Decorations Can Be a Pleasant Experience
If my gift is the usual one, which I thoroughly enjoy,it has to be made near to the point of giving.
frankbeswick, 4 days ago
Planning Christmas Decorations Can Be a Pleasant Experience
Frank .... yes of course i am ... although your christmas gift is always made on Dec 23rd .
Veronica, 5 days ago