Latest comments

Philosophy for Gardeners: a review
That is an idea that as far as I know no one has thought of. The Epicureans met in a pleasant garden in Athens. I cannot think of any others.
frankbeswick, 16 hours ago
Carl Offterdinger and his vintage illustrations
If I remember corectly he was very disappointed by their ignorance. After all, they included his fairy tale into their first edition and his first succes in the field of literature for kids was titled German Fairy Tales (not Danish). On the ...
Tolovaj, 1 day ago
Carl Offterdinger and his vintage illustrations
Thank you! It's quite humorous and quite intriguing to imagine how little Hans Christian Andersen perhaps liked not being known by two such makers and shakers as the Brothers Grimm in his fairy-tale corner of the literary world!
DerdriuMarriner, 1 day ago
Carl Offterdinger and his vintage illustrations
Well, brothers lived and worked together for the most of their lives. I am not sure if they ever encountered Carl Offterdinger. But I know they had no idea who was H. C. Andersen, when they were introduced to each other.
Tolovaj, 1 day ago
Philosophy for Gardeners: a review
Thank you! Some Unitedstatesians have meditation gardens, particularly with Buddhism- or Christianity-associated plants, and spiritual, spirituality gardens, such as Marian gardens. But is there such a thing as a philosophy garden?
DerdriuMarriner, 1 day ago
Lord of the World: a review
Thank you! The Second Coming for me associates with the comforting promise by Jesus Christ, in Matthew 28:20, that "I will be with you always, even until the end of the world." His appearances between Resurrection and Ascension must have been ...
DerdriuMarriner, 1 day ago
Rewilding the Isle of the Thundergod
Thank you! The second paragraph to the first subheading, Historical background, considers that "There is one tree on the island, though there seems to have been trees on several Hebridean isles in the Mesolithic period, when soil samples ...
DerdriuMarriner, 1 day ago
Carl Offterdinger and his vintage illustrations
Thank you! The first paragraph under the first subheading, The hare and the hedgehog (Fairy tales by Grimm Brothers), considers that "When we are talking about vintage German illustrators, fairy tales by Brothers Grimm came first to one's mind ...
DerdriuMarriner, 1 day ago
How does an author establish a unique niche when marketing a children's book?
I think that is the (literal) million-dollar question. When I show you my next book, I will show you. I think it is about the uniqueness of the theme.
Jo_Murphy, 1 day ago
Daniel Kotynia - From the Extreme to the Sublime
We certainly do! I wouldn't have thought of that now that you have said it. It makes sense.
Jo_Murphy, 1 day ago
OpenAI and Watermarks
I certainly can - and will!
Jo_Murphy, 1 day ago
Green Funerals
A small tree.
frankbeswick, 1 day ago
Benedict XVI
A committee of cardinals headed by the Secretary of state runs the church, and a cardinal called the Camerlengo organisesbthe funeral.
frankbeswick, 1 day ago
Benedict XVI: a life
The pope did not design the garden, but his successor in the Vatican does not deal with matters of the gardening kind, he leaves the gardeners to deal with them. The Catholic Church is authoritarian about matters of Faith and morals, but as to ...
frankbeswick, 1 day ago
Rewilding the Isle of the Thundergod
Rowan trees are spread through the British Isles, naturally in rocky terrain, but in lowland areas as an ornamental.
frankbeswick, 1 day ago