Latest comments

Is Recycling Worth the Effort?
In the UK egg cartons are made of a kind of cardboard/pressed paper, so they re easily re-used/recycled.
frankbeswick, 3 hours ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
Hi, dustytoes, it's always great to see you. Grand finale of Hansel and Gretel happens when Gretel pushes the witch into the oven. After that different versions vary. At Brothers Grimm they find a lot of precious stones in the house and return ...
Tolovaj, 1 day ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
I honestly didn't remember how the story ended. The kids being abandoned by the parents and getting lured in by the witch with her house made of candy is all I remembered! And I certainly never gave this much thought to the themes throughout.
dustytoes, 1 day ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
Thanks, frankbeswick, I try to do my best:)
Tolovaj, 1 day ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
Your commitment to the study of fairy tales is impressive. You are making a contribution to public understanding of a neglected area of thought.
frankbeswick, 2 days ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
Hi, DerdriuMarriner, thanks for questions. No, I can't say for sure who is older of them, but somehow, partly supported by illustrations, looks it's Hansel who is older. They both progress, though. If nothing else, he learns to listen his ...
Tolovaj, 2 days ago
Landscaping with Best Decorative Garden Bridge Plans - Lattice, Cobblestone and Wooden Yard Bridges
A little bridge must seem so big to a little kid! They make nice addition to gardens.
Mira, 2 days ago
Saint Joseph Altars
I should mention the older participation was probably more of a procession. We have a parade in this area tonight.
blackspanielgallery, 2 days ago
10 Themes in Hansel and Gretel
Tolovaj, Thank you for the back- and front-stories and products. Do we have any idea in any of the versions where Gretel and Hansel stand in their family birth order? The depiction of Gretel develops progressively, definitely if she is younger, ...
DerdriuMarriner, 2 days ago
Saint Joseph Altars
I believe the tradition in Sicily goes back to the 1400s.
blackspanielgallery, 2 days ago
Saint Joseph Altars
It is indeed a wonderful tradition. Britain is a totally godless nation and these things just would not happen even in a church .
Veronica, 2 days ago
Landscaping Shade Garden with Hydrangeas
I love hydrangeas! The municipality keeps changing the flowers they plant around the city, but in the recent past they planted hydrangeas in many places for one or two years and I was very happy to see and photograph them :) Interesting article ...
Mira, 2 days ago
Superman, Saint Brigid and Scottish Petticoats: How will you mark February 29th?
Fun tradition and post :)
Mira, 2 days ago
Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary
Many of my friends have taken their kids to Disneyland Paris. I didn't know they included Marvel characters as well. Quite a powerful attraction!
Mira, 2 days ago
Saint Joseph Altars
This type of offering should be made more often. It's a wonderful tradition!
Mira, 2 days ago