Latest comments

Jessie Willcox Smith: Her Life Through Art and Paintings
Thanks, Mira, for your comments and inputs. Yes, I intend to write additional post focusing on her books only. I also hope the problem with Amazon will be solved, so people could buy a piece or two as well.
Tolovaj, 4 days ago
Jessie Willcox Smith: Her Life Through Art and Paintings
P.S. As a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to also include some links to books in your articles.
Mira, 6 days ago
Jessie Willcox Smith: Her Life Through Art and Paintings
Hi Tolovaj, what a great post! Your interest in all things fairy tale is invigorating. I find Willcox Smith's works rather intriguing. In some of her images she works with broader strokes and swaths of color than I would have expected. Part of ...
Mira, 6 days ago
Edible Flowers
Hibiscus and Okra belong to the plant family Malvaceae, the Mallows, but they belong to different genera within this family. Okra belongs to the genus Abelmoschus, whereas Hibiscus belongs to the genus Hibiscus. So Okra is not a variety of ...
frankbeswick, 9 days ago
Edible Flowers
Ewell or Euell Gibbons, a backwoodsman and healthy food enthusiast, who died in 1975.
frankbeswick, 9 days ago
A Nice Cup of Tea
By aromatic Darjeeling do you mean First Flush Darjeeling? I like Darjeeling for its light body.
frankbeswick, 10 days ago
A Nice Cup of Tea
Though expensive nothing like the aromatic Darjeeling tea. Thanks for the informatiom.
pateluday, 10 days ago
Surviving the Pandemic
Lockdown and SOPS during pandemic are nearly the same everywhere.
pateluday, 10 days ago
Edible Flowers
As for Ule Gibbons, I am uncertain of the spelling, since I only heard the name aloud. It could have been Yule, and again after these many years it might be remembered incorrectly. I called the drink I had hibiscus tea, but I recall it being ...
blackspanielgallery, 10 days ago
Edible Flowers
Yesterday I tried to get hibiscus tea from my local health food shop, as they did not stock it, so I contented myself with apple and cinnamon, for the cinnamon serves the same purpose as hibiscus- blood sugar control. At my last medical test I ...
frankbeswick, 11 days ago
Edible Flowers
I have had hibiscus in drink, and I believe okra is a variety of hibiscus, flowering for a day, then producing a pod which we use in gumbo. I often wonder why people do not use yellow crooked neck squash and zucchini as flower gardens, since ...
blackspanielgallery, 11 days ago
The Haunting of Lighthouse Island
Agreed on both counts, but I thought that the grating of what sounded like swords indicated some form of hostility.
frankbeswick, 17 days ago
The Haunting of Lighthouse Island
A haunting need not be associated with violence. And sounds of a conversation might indicate multiple entities.
blackspanielgallery, 17 days ago
Searching For Lovely Winged Creatures in Land of The Tiger
Thanks!
pateluday, 18 days ago
Glencoe: the glen of treachery
Glad that you enjoyed it. There is another Scottish article coming soon, either today or tomorrow.
frankbeswick, 18 days ago