Mars-related travel must overcome gravity, radiation, and weightlessness
How We’ll Live on Mars by Stephen L. Petranek addresses manned settlements and unmanned landings on the fourth planet over from Earth’s sun. The Breakthrough Technology editor brings together 40+ years of editorships at:
• Life Magazine;
• The Washington Post, This Old House, Weider History Group magazines.
He easily considers therefore players and procedures regarding the red planet’s next 20 years in 96 culturally enriching, educationally entertaining, geo-historically enthralling pages sectioned into:
• The dream of terraforming;
• Das Marsprojekt of Wernher von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977);
• The great private space race;
• Rockets are tricky;
• Big questions;
• The economics of Mars;
• Living on Mars;
• Making Mars in Earth’s image;
• The next gold rush;
• The final frontier.