Latest comments

Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
The comment about solar is that one version, and there are varied types, has water pass through black carbon pipes to heat, which flow into a tank. At night if you use up all of the hot water in the tank the sun wll not heat the carbon pipes. ...
blackspanielgallery, 11 days ago
Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
It is nice so many people are going green. And, even those not so inclined could participate if only to save money, so it is good that his point be made. Perhaps it will influence some, even if just one.
blackspanielgallery, 11 days ago
Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
blackspanielgallery, Thank you for practicalities and products. Solar always attracts my attention. But why is it that "if you drain the tank when the sun is not out," then "an alternate heat source is needed"?
DerdriuMarriner, 11 days ago
Irish Christmas traditions and Christmas foods
Veronica, 11 days ago
Irish Christmas traditions and Christmas foods
Nollaig shona Duit [pronounced dvich] is used when you are speaking to one person. When speaking to more than one replace duit with dibh [pronounced dcheev. ]
frankbeswick, 11 days ago
Irish Christmas traditions and Christmas foods
I have added the Irish Christmas Greeting above Nollaig Shona Duit
Veronica, 11 days ago
Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
Dusty it has been better for us. Plus I enjoy the fact that I turn the water tap ( faucet ) on and it is almost instant hot water just what I have used. It is worth investing in a new one financially and environmentally.
Veronica, 11 days ago
Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
I have the old style of water heater currently but will be switching to tankless when this one gives out - which I think will be soon!
dustytoes, 11 days ago
Thinking About Slavery
There has always been the idea that the Irish were under attack from England as indeed they have been . But let's not forget how the Irish raided and kidnapped many English people into slavery for generations.
Veronica, 11 days ago
Thinking About Slavery
The tale of Tristan and Isolde [Yseult] in the Matter of Britain recounts a clash between the Cornish and Irish slave raiders. The climax was the clash between Tristan, champion of Cornwall, and the Morholt, the giant champion of Ireland. ...
frankbeswick, 11 days ago
Look after your skin! Women AND Men
I repeat and want the world to know ... IF YOU GET A LARGE RED BLISTER ABOVE YOUR RGHT EYE , IT IS SHINGLES AND YOU HAVE ONLY 72 HOURS TO GET THE MEDICATION TO SAVE YOUR SIGHT.
Veronica, 11 days ago
Was Tolkien Racist?
Correct
frankbeswick, 11 days ago
Was Tolkien Racist?
Great article. Racism needs to be clearly defined. Making a comment about someone's race isn't necessarily negative. A relative of mine admonished me severely when she asked if my 2 year old grandson was talking yet and I said well he does ...
Veronica, 11 days ago
Going Green Using a Tankless Water Heater
I have a tankless heater which I think is called a Combi Boiler here in UK . It has saved us an unbelievable amount of money nearly £1000 over the last 4 years. WE no longer have to heat an entire tank of water just to wash a few dishes ! We had ...
Veronica, 11 days ago
Thinking About Slavery
A superb article. Outstanding in every way. You have categorised several types of slavery here past and present. Thank you for raising an important point ; slavery was and is not just the infamous slave triangle . Indeed St Patrick, patron St ...
Veronica, 11 days ago