Latest comments

Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
Mira Yes indeed beauty is very therapeutic. I do hope you manage a visit to Uk but if you do, the North which is largely forgotten by overseas visitors, is worth a visit.
Veronica, 22 days ago
Bassenthwaite; Lakeland Wildlife Park, Cumbria
I really enjoyed this :) The baby tapir is so cute :) And so is that thin-legged bird. Maybe I should go visit the zoo here again. But you're right, having these birds and animals free on the moors is much different.
Mira, 22 days ago
A Garden Made Simple
I do not know if the weeds are fully prevented. In order to prevent weeds from pushing through mulch you might need thicker material than can be rolled. But reduced number of weeds, well that probably would happen.
blackspanielgallery, 23 days ago
Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
It's probably also to have something akin to a meditation aid as you sit by the fireplace. And then there's the whole Arts and Crafts philosophy of having beauty everywhere. It's things like these that truly make me want to crave to visit the UK ...
Mira, 23 days ago
Christmas Flower Plant Poinsettia
The poinsettia is quite popular, and many local churches decorate with large quantities of them. Some ask for donations, and buy them from a single source so they are about the same size. After Christmas parishioners who donated are asked to ...
blackspanielgallery, 23 days ago
Christmas Flower Plant Poinsettia
WriterArtist, Thank you for the practical information and the product lines. Poinsettia naturally grows as a shrubby perennial in Mexico even though it is treated generally as an herbaceous annual in the United States. It is difficult to extend ...
DerdriuMarriner, 23 days ago
Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
Yes these old fireplaces really add elegances to a room unlike many modern fire surrounds
Veronica, 24 days ago
Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
I found some pages online where it says he designed some and someone else painted them. Either way it's really amazing that he did that. I love ceramics! And how wonderful to have these images by the fireplace!
Mira, 24 days ago
A Garden Made Simple
Wow, the Roll outs look pretty and simple to execute. No bothering from weeds and pests hopefully. I like the idea though they may not be a cheap option here in India.
WriterArtist, 24 days ago
Fight Pollution Indoors with Air Purifying House Plants
@blackspanielgallery Good to know that Radon escapes from the cracks of alluvial deposits from homes. I always thought, the radioactive gases to be very harmful for human race.
WriterArtist, 24 days ago
Fight Pollution Indoors with Air Purifying House Plants
@DerdriuMarriner - I have two Sensevieria, one is indoors and other outdoors. My outdoor plant is doing very well, It has thrown offshoots but the inside one is slow. I may have to take it outdoors. The pot is heavy and difficult to move. Yes - ...
WriterArtist, 24 days ago
Fight Pollution Indoors with Air Purifying House Plants
@Tolovaj - Nothing better than living amidst greenery. You are lucky to have woods nearby.
WriterArtist, 24 days ago
The Summer Isles: a book review
Dear Mira, The names that I have given are mainly in Celtic languages, still minority tongues in the British Isles.These are Welsh and Cornish, and the several kinds of Gaelic [the three dialects of Irish, Scottish and Manx.] Fair Isle, a ...
frankbeswick, 24 days ago
Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
I have just looked at some Burne Jones fireplace tiles and I think you may be right Mira. How amazing is that. !
Veronica, 25 days ago
Wray Castle, Cumbria, English Lake District
Mira My son felt just the same as you do about the Gothic Revival not looking right. Indeed he felt quite uncomfortable with the place. I think it is worth a visit for what it is in itself. ….and yes the fireplace tiles are just wonderful.
Veronica, 25 days ago