Latest comments

Starting a New Coin Blog
Excellent . . I tried to leave a comment on your Irish coin page but it wouldn't uploaded . If it has appeared ten times, I do apologise and ask you delete surplus comments.
Veronica, 10 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
Traditionally in Ireland potatoes were planted on March 17th, St Patrick's Day.But Spring has been coming earlier and potatoes can overwinter in the ground, so there is room for earlier planting. In Louisiana you are about 1750 miles south of ...
frankbeswick, 10 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
Many years ago I bought tomatoes and eggplants in early March. Then came a cold front, so I did not plant them. I kept them indoors, but they dried out and withered even though I watered them frequently. I revived them, then they dried out a ...
blackspanielgallery, 10 days ago
Starting a New Coin Blog
Thanks. I believe it will be like any other writing, quantity and quality both need be there.
blackspanielgallery, 10 days ago
Traditional cider making
I am unfamiliar with the American term hard cider. We in the UK speak of sweet and dry cider, the dry being cider with more sugar brewed out of it. But thank you, it is good to know the various variations of the English language.
frankbeswick, 10 days ago
The Burren:Ireland's land of stone
Ireland can have a difficult climate, but the Burren, which is by Galway Bay, receives warm and moist South Westerly winds at times. I have stood on the shores of the bay and enjoyed the warm, moist wind. But you are right, warm climates are so ...
frankbeswick, 10 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
Wise words. I like to find out about cultivation in climates other than my own. Thank you.
frankbeswick, 10 days ago
Traditional cider making
I love apple cider that has not been pasteurized when it is available in the fall (in the U.S.) I've also had some good hard cider. I don't drink alcohol much and mostly red wine. I think I'll look for some hard cider the next time I go shopping.
AngelaJohnson, 10 days ago
The Burren:Ireland's land of stone
I do like the atmosphere of desolate places, but not for long. I like sunshine and warm temperatures the best.
AngelaJohnson, 10 days ago
Starting a New Coin Blog
Good luck on your new blog. My grandpa and mother collected coins, but I never did.
AngelaJohnson, 10 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
It is so tempting to plant once the weather warms after winter, but there is usually one more cold spell in the spring. On the east coast and midwestern U.S., the safest time to plant is late April, although onions and lettuce can be planted a ...
AngelaJohnson, 10 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
Well, you have confirmed me in my view of planting times. While you have the advantage of being further south than I am, you need to consider cold spells, so I certainly must. Raised beds are warmer than the ground on which they stand, so some ...
frankbeswick, 11 days ago
Late Winter in the Garden
Here our weather is currently spring-like, but cold fronts can change that quickly. Planting needs to wait until late March. Congratulations on becoming a grandparent again. I hope things go well and your grandchild is able to go home soon.
blackspanielgallery, 11 days ago
Old English Lake District Traditional Recipes
White fat is what Americans call Shortening. We would call it white fat or lard. Yellow fat would be butter or margarine.
Veronica, 14 days ago
Belfast; Titanic Hotel
The tiles in the bar have been locked away in boxes for over 00 years and hadn't seen the light. The only others like these are at the bottom of the Atlantic. It was very moving emotionally .
Veronica, 14 days ago