Create topic New topics

Forum

Help me, please!

Listing URLs with Amazon Affliliate Program

Art-Aspirations

I set up my Amazon affiliate account and was asked for the URL of the websites I will use to send traffic to Amazon. Following instructions, I listed the URL of my first two pages. Is that right?

Will I have to go back to Amazon and add the URL of every page I create on Wizzley? I think I'm confused about this. Can someone help me out?

Art Aspirations
chefkeem

Check our help pages (FAQ) under "Make Money with Wizzley" -->  Amazon --> step-by-step instructions to set up an Amazon affiliate account. http://wizzley.com/service/help/amazon/

Enter your Wizzley profile page as the first URL.

Enter the URL of any of your Wizzley pages as the second URL.

These are all the URLs you have to enter.

But check out our tutorial for everything else, ok?

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Art-Aspirations

Yes, the tutorial was very helpful. I just wasn't sure about entering the pages. Thanks.

Art Aspirations
JoHarrington

I've got an Amazon.co.uk affiliate link. I've only just realised that a) Wizzley is linking to Amazon.com and b) that is a different thing to Amazon.co.uk. 

Is this going to cause a problem? I haven't seen any obvious traffic from Wizzley to my Amazon.co.uk tracker, but I assumed that was because there hadn't been any.  I looked into Amazon.com, but it seems that you have to be American to actually get paid. If you're European (I'm British) you can only get vouchers to spend in the store.

chefkeem

Let's see how our other British members handle this...Terri, AJ, and others: could you please advise?

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
JoHarrington

I've also e-mailed Amazon.co.uk to check their end too. :D

chefkeem

I've messaged Terri for advice.

In the future, it's probably better to start a new thread with such a question, because more people will see it.

JoHarrington

Ok, thank you very much.

I've been on forums before where you get in trouble for starting threads on similar topics. It's good to know that you can here. I'll do that in future.

Marie

JoHarrington: 20. Dec 2011, 12:18

I've got an Amazon.co.uk affiliate link. I've only just realised that a) Wizzley is linking to Amazon.com and b) that is a different thing to Amazon.co.uk. 

Is this going to cause a problem? I haven't seen any obvious traffic from Wizzley to my Amazon.co.uk tracker, but I assumed that was because there hadn't been any.  I looked into Amazon.com, but it seems that you have to be American to actually get paid. If you're European (I'm British) you can only get vouchers to spend in the store.

Jo, I'm an affiliate of both amazon.co.uk and amazon.com - I live in the UK.

For Amazon.com, I get paid via a cheque in dollars which I have to pay into my bank. You are charged a fee to have the money converted but I make sure I set my payout high enough to offset the charge which I think is around £12. This fee will vary so check with your local bank.

I know for my very first Amazon.com payment, I was paid with vouchers to spend on the site and I ordered a CD! But since then I was able to change to a cheque payment.

I use Amazon.co.uk on blogs and on Squidoo pages as text links but I think unless you're specifically targeting a UK audience then the Amazon.com site generally works better and is likely to earn a lot more.

JoHarrington

Thank you very much. I'm quite new to the whole on-line writing/monetising thing, so all advice is appreciated.

TerriRexson

Yep, Kinworm covered it. It's a pain having to handle US cheques in the UK and incur fees, but it works and is allowed. 

I have used my Amazon UK affiliate id on Wizzley in a UK-specific article (I asked for permission) and made a few sales but on most subjects you'll do much better with Amazon.com. 

JoHarrington

Thank you. I will have to sort that out.

If I changed affiliate IDs now, would it automatically alter it for my existing pages?

nightowl
Admin

JoHarrington: 20. Dec 2011, 14:58

Thank you. I will have to sort that out.

If I changed affiliate IDs now, would it automatically alter it for my existing pages?

Yes, it would.

SEO Praxis: Specializing in WordPress Hosting and Small Business Web Design.
JoHarrington

Thanks! I've got my account on Amazon.com and swapped the ID over.

I will let you all know what Amazon.co.uk say though, as I e-mailed them earlier about it.

Mira

Hi, also on the topic of amazon.co.uk. Many people in Europe, and not only in the UK, use Amazon UK, for English-language books, for instance. Would it be terribly difficult to make 2 separate affiliate programs, Amazon US and Amazon UK? I realize Amazon US brings more money in, but it would be good to have the option of Amazon UK as well.

chefkeem

You can build your own Amazon.co.uk links in our text modules. They will be affiliated through VigLink. Make sure you're signed up with them.

Mira

Thank you, Chef Keem! Will have to look into VigLink then.

chefkeem

http://wizzley.com/viglink

Loading ...
Error!