As a writer or any kind of artist for that matter, we all have weaknesses. Working out and through those weaknesses can be made easier with just a little additional help. Finding ideas for stories and articles can be just one of many so I've put together a few suggestions as to how you can overcome this particular difficulty.
How to Find Ideas for Creative Writing
Writing is half the battle; the other half is made up of coming up with an idea for your article/story/novel/squidoo lens/wizzley page. Here's a few tips on how you can do that!
|Write Good or Die|
Haunted Computer Books
|Rip the Page!: Adventures in Creative...|
|Writing Fiction: The Practical Guide ...|
|Portable MFA in Creative Writing|
Writer's Digest Books
Why Can't I Come up with Ideas?
Reasons for a writer's block
My difficulty has always been the inability to come up with ideas which I feel confident enough to use in a story or a novel.
No matter how hard I try I am unable to formulate a plot or even a character.
Could this be the reason why I have written so few stories and no novels?
Ideas or storylines can be given to me, but I am unable to take the idea further in my head. I am not sure whether this is a lack of confidence or experience or because my train of thought appears to be different to others.
Creative Writing - Ideas...
Every Writer has a Weakness
Some find it difficult to write descriptions...
As a writer it is important to recognise your weakness. This could be PR, writing descriptions, plot ideas and so on.
In order to recognise these weaknesses, you must write as much as you can. Identifying those will help you become a better writer. For example, I have recognised a few weaknesses in myself. They are:
- Unable to come up with a story idea.
- Unable to write good or adequate descriptions.
- Unable to work with the use of constructive feedback by other writers.
There are very few writers who do not have a problem in some area in the craft of writing. Maybe they need to be extremely disciplined in the act of writing. Perhaps they require a rigid timetable to stick to in order to produce a body of work such as a story.
Others find writing good descriptions hard. This could be that they can see in their heads what they want to describe but are unable to or find it difficult to express what they see in words.
|642 Things to Write About|
|1,000 Awesome Writing Prompts|
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Pl...
|642 Things to Write About: Young Writ...|
|1,000 Creative Writing Prompts Box Se...|
Build Creative Writing Ideas
|Writing: Journaling: Mastery in Minut...||Fiction Writing Prompts|
How to Combat your Weaknesses
Turn them into strengths
There are several things you can do to help turn your writing weaknesses into strengths. You can:
- Practice, practice, practice! Keep writing! Do not give up just because you find it hard or difficult. It may never be a true strength but it can and will improve in time.
- Recognise that you are human and that you have weaknesses. Try not to reflect too much on them; also focus on your strengths, too.
- Listen to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Learn more about your particular weakness. For example, if you find descriptions difficult, then learn more about how to write good descriptions.