How to save your dollars when you begin decorating your cottage home
Learning to save money whilst decorating your cottage home.
10 affordable decor tips for your cottage home
- Color is always one of the first things to think of because it can do so much for any living space. This may come in the form of a splash of paint on the wall or a simple throw over the sofa.
- By learning to sew your own slip covers, cushions or curtains you will be saving a lot of money.
- Unfurnished furniture is very popular and it is no wonder why because of the fact that you can buy something really cheaply and do what you want with it.
- Take yourself off to a second hand furniture store or a garage sale and you will be really surprised with what you can come out with. Find something that appeals to you and all you need to do is touch it up a little. This is one of the best ways of saving money for cottage homes. Learning to refirnish furniture will certainly not go to waste.
- For the best country cottage home look, vases make for the perfect accessory without causing clutter. An old glass perfume bottle with something you would find in your garden, such as a rose or a bunch of daisies would look great.
- Keep your eyes peeled for special offers when it comes to faux beaded boards because you can pick up some cheap deals. These would just about complete the look of any cottage home. They are also very easy to install so you won’t have any problems there.
- The worn paint look works and will make a great addition to cottage home furniture in an affordable way. This can be achieved easily by sanding down a piece of furniture which you have just finished painting.
- A lattice will add a certain appeal to any cottage home. Someone with adequate DIY skills can put one of these together easily enough, but you can also find them fairly cheaply at any home store ready made.
- Cottage home decor should definitely be personal with a sense of atmosphere that makes you feel at home. For example if you are a beach person you could include a big glass jar filled with shells.
- Woven baskets will add to the natural style of any room and not forgetting the fact that baskets are incredibly practical as well.