1. If you have an addiction to playing games, which take away your precious time, first
admit yourself that you are addicted to playing the games. If you deny to admit that you have
an addiction, you may not be able to focus on the solutions.
2. Set aside some time to play the games.
Actually, it is quite difficult to stop playing the games altogether. Also playing them for a while can be good for you, as it can be lot of fun. Just make sure that you only play for the time allowed. You can use a timer, and stop playing once the time is over.
3. Ask for help if you need. There is nothing wrong with your family or friends knowing that you are addicted to playing the games and you need their support.
4. Engage in other activities more, especially hobbies that you love, like reading, gardening etc.
5. If you really love playing games, try to spend some time playing the real outdoor or indoor games with your family or friends.
This will help you bond with your family and it is also healthy for you both physically and mentally. Spending too much time for games in the virtual world can actually have a negative impact on your life, as that will reduce your family time. But playing the real games with your loved ones can help you improve your relations and social life.
6. If you are a student wasting your precious time in front of the computer just for playing games, set a rule that you will only play the game for a couple of hours a day, after finishing your work.
Make sure that you play the games only if you finish your assigned home works and other tasks.