6. Put some lemon essential oil in a diffuser when you’re in a mental slump. Studies show it stimulates rational left-brain thinking in the hippocampus.
7. If you have a sweet tooth, a whiff of lemon oil will curb that craving.
8. One of the simplest forms of detox is to squeeze the juice of a lemon into 12 ounces of warm water. Do this first thing in the morning upon waking.
9. For an eco-friendly cleaner, slice a lemon in half and sprinkle on some salt or borax. Use it like a sponge to clean a dirty tub or sink. The citric acid cuts through dirt without scratching surfaces.Using a lemon to clean will leave behind a pleasing smell that won’t make you wheeze or cough.
10. Lemons are great odor removers. If you’ve been peeling onions, pour lemon juice over your hands to remove the odor.
11. If your garbage disposal is smelling bad, simply drop some lemon wedges down there and let it run for a while with hot water flowing. Likewise, with smelly garbage cans. Just drop a few slices in the bottom and see if that doesn't help.