They may not have the prestige of the Picasso museum, or the extensive collection of the Museu National d’Art de Catalunya, but Barcelona has many smaller and lesser-known museums worth visiting. This collection of museums spans all of history, with art, artifacts and insight into what makes Barcelona such a great city to visit. Here are five museums to visit:
(1) The Barcelona history museum, with its extensive Roman ruins and medieval chapel
(2) the Frederic Mares museum, with its displays of a lifetime of collecting from one of Barcelona's top sculptors
(3) The Chocolate museum, with its combination of history, artistry, and mastery of chocolate on display
(4) Tapies Foundation, with its ever-changing exhibits of Barcelona's greatest 20th century artist
(5) The Egyptian Museum, with its ancient artifacts and educational displays.