Harry Potter's world brims with animals and plants:
Harry Potter: The Creature Vault by Jody Revenson accommodates reader and viewer interest in the real and virtual inspirations behind the creatures and plants from the serialized world of J.K. (Joanne Kathleen) Rowling’s Harry Potter books and in the derived Harry Potter films. It brings to botany-minded readers the greenhouse of:
• Devil’s Snares;
• Dirigible Plums;
• Mimbulus mimbletonia;
• Venomous Tentaculae; and
• Whomping Willows.
It clusters into zoological categories:
• companions (Arnold, Crookshanks, Errol, Fang, Fawkes, Hedwig, Mrs. Norris, Nagini, Pigwidgeon, Scabbers, Trevor);
• dark forces (Basilisk, Dementor, Inferius);
• forest dwellers (Acromantula, Centaurs, Hippogriffs, Thestrals, Unicorns);
• lake dwellers (Grindylow, Merpeople);
• shape-shifters (Animagus, Boggart, Werewolves);
• sky dwellers (Cornish pixies, dragons);
• trespassers (giants, gnomes, trolls); and
• workers (Fluffy, goblins, House-elves, Post Owls).