Award-winning describes author Josepha Sherman (December 12, 1946 – August 23, 2012), illustrator Linda Wingerter, and publisher Barefoot Books.
The three acclaimed artistic, literary, and publishing sources merge in the availability since 2004 of “Magic Hoofbeats: Horse Tales from Many Lands.” Enthusiasm for Ancient Near Eastern archaeology, fiction, non-fiction, and scripts motivates Josepha’s:
• Expert retelling of America’s and Eurasia’s horse-related lore;
• Fine summarizing of horse and pony breeds.
Experience in graphic arts, painting, puppetry, and sculpture prompts Linda’s illustrations in acrylic on gessoed Bristol board.
Expertise in educational materials results in Barefoot Book’s opting for:
• Color separating by Grafiscan, Italy;
• Printing on 100% acid-free paper by South China Printing Company;
• Typesetting in 14pt Centaur Regular and Catull Regular.