Force Crag Mine in the English Lake District,was a working mine until 1991. The site was mined for lead from 1839 until 1865, and for zinc and barytes from 1867. It is a Scheduled Ancient Monument, and a SSSI (site of special scientific interest). The old mine is at the end of the beautiful Coledale Valley.
The mill buildings were built in 1908-9 and redesigned in 1940. It is owned by The National Trust, and the buildings are only open to visitors to visitors about 4 days a year. The mine is not open to visitors.