A building and pest inspection can help identify the presence of pests and possible building defects and can provide solutions to those issues. Here are some things you need to know about Building and Pest Inspections.
What does a building inspection entail?
It is possible even for a new house to have problems that could compromise its stability. The plumbing or electrical works can also be defective. It is therefore essential to have a professional inspect it to avoid unpleasant surprises. The inspection will involve checking both the inside and the outside to identify any problems or defects which could be present. Some of the things the inspector will look out for are:
• Cracks on the floors and walls.
• The functionality of the doors.
• The state of the plumbing system.
• The integrity of the electrical system.
• The condition of the roof.
Importance of building inspection
• It helps in making sure that the house is safe to live in.
• It helps you in deciding whether or not to buy the house.
• If the problems are manageable, you can negotiate with the seller to reduce the price.
• It brings the issues to your attention early enough to be able to plan for renovations and repairs.
• It helps in preventing safety hazards and other major defects which may arise in future.