Time off from work assumes its most acceptable expressions as:
• Approved days away from the regular schedule;
• Floating, official, and personal paid holidays;
• Reimbursed vacation times.
It can be difficult to accommodate any of the above-mentioned configurations when the job is demanding and resources remain tight. Being respected for doing a job well nevertheless encourages such appreciation as generous benefit packages and pay scales.
• But what happens when the object of communal esteem is the only person deemed essential and qualified for a critical, sensitive position?
• That is the dilemma of Italy’s quintessential Grandma Witch of hill-topped, tradition-bound Calabria. She and her loyal customers ultimately realize the deep truth of down-time in “Strega Nona Takes a Vacation.”