1. Transfer 2 cups shredded goat cheese to medium mixing bowl.
2. Through the coarse setting, grate potatoes into a colander. Then drain any liquid by pressing.
- Deposit gratings into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with condiments (caraway seeds, marjoram, salt, white pepper).
3. Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl. Then mix in flour.
4. Add egg batter to potatoes and combine well.
5. Form thin patties and set on towel or platter.
- Place handful of cheese shreddings in the center of half of patties.
- Then cover each cheese patty with a patty and crimp top and bottom patties together along sides and ends.
6. Over medium-high heat in a large saucepan, heat oil until hot. Or, if using butter, heat until melted.
- With a spatula or large spoon, carefully lower stuffed patties into hot oil (or butter).
- Fry about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until patties are golden.
7. Transfer from saucepan to paper towels or draining rack; allow to rest briefly.
- Then place on serving plate. If desired, cut each patty in half.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.