It’s fun time with Despicable me saga. My kids just loved the cute little Despicable Me cookies and cupcakes made by their mother. You can always search the web for amazingly inspiring ideas which can make your party preparation less hectic. With a little help from this page, you can organize a Despicable Me party and surprise your kid with his/her favorite animated characters.
Despicable Me Cake & Cupcake Supplies & Ideas
Get inspired to host a Despicable Me party for your child's upcoming birthday
Despicable Me Cake Ideas
Despicable me minion cupcakes were one of the delicious sweets served during the birthday party of my daughter. My family and the guests had a great fun time. Other desserts apart from the Minion themed cake included cake pops, pretzel rods and Chamoy apples. Chamoy apples are similar to caramel apples, but instead of caramel they are coated with chamoy powder and a Mexican candy called Despicable Me special candy. All in all, to me Despicable Me means great fun and party time with the whole family.the marshmallow pops along with the cake and cupcakes.
Lets check out the Despicable Me Minion party celebration supplies list:
- The sweet Minion cookies
- The exquisite cute cake
- What about the beautiful Minion pops?
- The Minion cupcakes (with toppers)
- Despicable Me Minion featured balloons
- The sizzling Blue Utensils
- Yellow made Paper Straws
- Amazing Mini Metal Buckets
- Special Unicorn Lollipops
- The Graceful Yellow Plates
- And lastly The Circle Punch
Using edible Minion cake toppers will make your work much easy but if you plan to put an extra effort then you should bake one of your own homemade cake.
Recipe for Making a Despicable Me Cakes
- Frosted Cupcakes
- Twinkies 12
- Smarties/Any Round Candies/Ready-Made Candy Eyes 1 bag
- Brown Sprinkles 1 bag
- Black Writing Icing
- Just cut the Twinkies in half.
- Then squeeze two dots of black icing on the smarties or other candies to act as glue.
- Add the smarties as eyes, colorful or just plain white ones.
- Draw pupils on the eyes, a mouth, and goggles using black writing icing.
- Place a few chocolate sprinkles on the minion’s head to appear as hair.
- Finally, put the minions cut side down on top of each frosted cupcake.
- It's time to enjoy your Despicable Me Minion Cupcake!
Some more ideas to consider:
- Round cake will be ideal for you if you aren't a cake artist. It will be easy to tackle such a cake design.
- The option which you might consider is a 3D cake. Which will be definitely a tough task but the effort would be worth it. Your little Minnion fan will adore you for baking realistic designed cake.
Despicable Me Party Decorations
A Despicable Me party is all about yellow, blue, black and white. The "all-in-one-party-kits" Despicable Me Decorating Kits have everything you need. Start with balloons which are an easy way to fill a room. Any yellow balloon can be a minion and you can write on the balloons or glue eyes and goggles or overalls on the balloons. We also have Despicable Me Balloons. Add black, yellow and blue balloons too enhance the look without digging into your budget.
Wall and Room decor:
Order a personalized Minion Banner to celebrate the occasion.
Some additional themes from the movie are unicorns, moons, ballet, kittens and fun weapons. If you are hosting a party for a girl, consider decorating the party room to look like Agnes, Edith and Margo's ballet school with ballet slipper and barre decorations.
Make large cut-outs of minions, unicorns and kittens and attach to doors and walls.
Setting the Table:
Use solid color party ware, decorate in yellow, blue, black and white or you should rather decorate with themed party ware, check out our Despicable Me Standard or Deluxe kits. By chance if you are without a party kit, the great thing will be setting the table with solid colored napkins, cups or plates. Goggles at each place setting with a place card for each guest will make the them feel special.