Dry Flaky Skin on Face, Treatments and Homemade Remedies
Dry flaky skin can be a painful experience. Itchy dry patches on face can occur due to various reasons. Proper skin care routine for your skin type is the best solution.
Dry flaky skin on face is one of the most irritating skin problems. The itching makes it worse and it has a nasty habit of occurring again and again no matter what skin treatment you apply. Till now, there has been no permanent solution available for dry skin but with a good skin care routine,you can keep the symptoms at bay.
Causes of dry flaky skin on face
- Use of soaps that contain harmful materials
- Too much exposure to UV rays of the sun
- Harsh environmental condition like extreme cold or extreme humidity
- Skin diseases (Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
- Poor nutrition
Tips on getting rid of dry flaky skin from your face
- Drink plenty of water and have a diet that contains lots of vegetables and fruits.
- Do not use hot water to wash your face; you can use normal or lukewarm water.
- Use moisturizer to keep your skin soft and moisturized. Moisturizers work better when your skin is fresh and dump. So, use it after having a bath and every time you wash your face. Apply it with circular strokes and concentrate more on the areas where you have dry patches.
- Use a sunscreen when going out; try a lotion of at least 15 SPF.
- You should use moisturizer before you go to bed. You can use olive or coconut oil too.
- Keep your skin clean and clear. You can use exfoliation regularly to get rid of dry patches of skin and then use a face lotion to keep your face moisturized. And scrubbing would do a good job too to keep your face clean.
- Using homemade face packs is another option to treat dry skin on face. You can try papaya paste with honey and lemon juice.
- In the winter season when the air contains less moisture, you can use a humidifier in your home and office to keep the air humidity level high. Dry flaky skin on face can become worse when there is less moisture in the air.
- Do not use a face cleanser that contains alcohol; use one that is specifically made for dry skin.
Yonka serum is a top quality moisturizer for extreme dry skin. Something that you should add to your daily skin care routine. H20 plus face hydrating treatment is an awesome gel that hydrates the skin and removes fine lines from your face. After washing your face, spread a thin layer of this gel on your face just as a face mask and keep it for five minutes. A combination of Seaweed, lettuce, sea salt and many more natural ingredients make it highly effective for the treament of extremely dry skin on face.
Homemade remedies that you can use before bath
- You can try avocado mask made of mashed avocado and olive oil on your face for around 15 minutes before bath.
- You can massage coconut oil or olive oil on your face.
- Get yolk of an egg, some orange juice, olive oil and a few drops of rose water. Mix them all together and apply the mixture gently on your face.
Every person is unique and what works for one may not work for another individual. Try to figure out which skincare product works best for your skin. Homemade remedies are not parmanent cures for dry flaky skin on face but they can certainly reduce the symptoms and the possibility of the problem occuring again.
Flaky dry skin due to face eczema
If your face looks dry and inflamed and moisturizers do not work at all then the problem can be face eczema. Dry flaky skin on face due to face eczema should be treated by products that contain hydrocortisone. Start with mild ones if it does not work, see a dermatologist.
Dry and itchy skin around the nose
Dry and itchy skin around the nose usually is the symptom of Seborrheic dermatitis also known as Seborrhea. It is a skin disease that can affect almost any part of the body. The causes of this disease are unknown; it mainly affects the scalp but can occur on face and other parts of the body. This problem can be treated by creams or lotions that contain anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Natural treatments include the use of Coconut oil, Aloe Vera, Avocado extracts and Honey. Total cure sometimes is hard to achieve, but proper treatment will keep the symptoms to minimum.
Red flaky skin around the eye
Red flaky skin around mustache and eyebrow
Some people suffer from red flaky skin around the mustache and eyebrow area of the face. This is usually the symptom of Perioral Dermatitis; a skin disease that causes the skin around the mouth and the eye to become red and flaky.
This skin condition is usually treated with Tetracycline antibiotics. Do not use hydrocortisone to treat this as it can make it worse.
Say goodbye to dry flaky face
Dry flaky skin on face can trigger other skin problems like wrinkles and fine lines. It is not a serious medical problem but if you don’t take appropriate actions, it can become worse.
Try to find out the cause of the problem and use appropriate treatment. Keep your skin moisturized all the time and keep away from anything that seems to make the symptoms worse. You have to be extra careful about your skin and make sure you follow a skincare routine that is especially prepared for your skin type.