Bailey, Chuck. "All Shook Up! The 2011 Virginia Earthquake." William & Mary Blogs. December 22, 2011. William & Mary. Blogs. wmblogs.wm.edu
- Available at: http://wmblogs.wm.edu/cmbail/all-shook-up-the-2011-virginia-earthquake/
Bailey, Chuck.“It’s not my fault." William & Mary Blogs. August 23, 2011. William & Mary. Blog. wmblogs.wm.edu
- Available at: http://wmblogs.wm.edu/cmbail/its-not-my-fault/
Bailey, Chuck. "Whose Fault Is It? The 2011 Virginia Earthquake (Part 2)." William & Mary Blogs. January 9, 2012. William & Mary. Blog. wmblogs.wmedu
- Available at: http://wmblogs.wm.edu/cmbail/whose-fault-is-it-the-2011-virginia-earthquake-part-2/
Bentley, Callan. "The Mineral, VA earthquake of August 23, 2011 - Updated." AGU Blogosphere - Mountain Beltway. August 23, 2011. American Geophysical Union. Blog. blogs.agu.org
- Available at: http://blogs.agu.org/mountainbeltway/2011/08/23/the-mineral-va-earthquake-of-august-23-2011/
"Earthquakes." Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy > Division of Geology and Mineral Resources > Geologic Hazards. Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. Web. www.dmme.virginia.gov
- Available at: http://www.dmme.virginia.gov/dgmr/earthquakes.shtml
"Earthquakes in the Central Virginia Seismic Zone." Virginia Tech Seismological Observatory Outreach. Virginia Polytechnic and State University. Web. Cached page last accessed August 23, 2014: http://www.geol.vt.edu/outreach/vtso/cvsz.html
"Giles County Earthquake of May 31, 1897 News Reports." Virginia Tech Seismological Observatory Outreach. Virginia Polytechnic and State University. Web. www.magma.geos.vt.edu
- Available at: www.magma.geos.vt.edu/vtso/Giles-Intensity.html
Grymes, Charles A. "Virginia Earthquakes." Virginia Places > The Natural Setting > Rocks and Ridges. Charles A. Grymes. Web. www.virginiaplaces.org
- Available at: http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/quake.html
Hopper, Margaret G., and Gil A. Bollinger. The Earthquake History of Virginia 1774 - 1900. Blacksburg VA: Department of Geological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1971.
Hopper, Margaret G., and Gil A. Bollinger. The Earthquake History of Virginia 1900 to 1980. Blacksburg VA: Department of Geological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1972.
Imster, Eleanor. "How animals at National Zoo reacted to August 23 D.C. earthquake." Earthsky > Blogs > Earth > Biodiversity. August 24, 2011. Earthsky Communications Inc. Blog. earthsky.org
- Available at: http://earthsky.org/earth/how-animals-at-the-national-zoo-reacted-to-earthquake
Lasch, David K. "On Earthquakes." Virginia Minerals, Volume 23, No. 1 (February 1977): 1-12.
"Magnitude 5.8 - Virginia - 2011 August 23 17:51:04 UTC." Earthquakes > Present > Real-time. U.S. Geological Survey.
- Available at: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/poster/2011/20110823b.php
Reitherman, Robert K. 21 April 2012. Earthquakes and Engineers: An International History. Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers Press.
Shepherd, James W. "Nixing the Netting." Washington National Cathedral > Shareholders Bulletin. December 10, 2013. Washington National Cathedral. Web. www.nationalcathedral.org
- Available at: http://www.nationalcathedral.org/bulletin/NCA-6FIVL-45001R.shtml#.U_oB6PldXAk
Stover, Carl W., and Jerry L. Coffman. Seismicity of the United States 1568 - 1989. U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1527. Washington DC: US Government Printing Office, 1993.
Tarr, Arthur C., and Russell L. Wheeler. "Earthquakes in Virginia and Vicinity 1774 - 2004." U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006-1017. Reston VA: U.S. Geological Survey, 2006.
- Available at: http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2006/1017/
U.S. Geological Survey. "The Fall Line." A Tapestry of Time and Terrain: The Union of Two Maps -- Geology and Topography. Last modification: 18 October 2000. U.S. Geological Survey. Web. tapestry.usgs.gov
- Available at: http://tapestry.usgs.gov/features/14fallline.html
Wood, L. J. "Hog Island." 2007. MPA Global: A database of the world's marine protected areas. Sea Around Us Project, UNEP-WCMC & WWF. University of British Columbia Fisheries Centre. www.mpaglobal.org
- Available at: http://www.mpaglobal.org/index.php?action=showMain&site_code=352930