As You Like It asks what pleases audiences:
As You Like It assumes an enthralling niche within William Shakespeare’s (April 23, 1564? – April 23, 1616) plays and sonnets when adapted for movie-going audiences by Sir Kenneth Charles Branagh and released for:
• cinematographic premiere on September 1, 2006 in Italy;
• television premiere on August 21, 2007 in the United States of America; and
• DVD premiere on October 8, 2007.
The pastoral comedy belongs among those Shakespearean settings which include bio-geographies outside England since events occur in:
• a duchy in France; and
• the Forest of Arden.
It challenges readers and viewers with Arden’s true identity as forested areas at:
• Arden near the Bard’s Warwickshire hometown of Stratford-upon-Avon; or
• Ardennes in northeastern France, southeastern Belgium, and western Luxembourg.