Create topic New topics

Forum

Chatter away, friends!

Pixabay Photo Contest - Win $500

Simon
Admin
on 04/03/2013

Hi dear Wizzlies,

we've just started our very first photo contest on Pixabay with prices worth a total of $500. If you have nice images that match the contest's topic, you'll probably have a really good chance of winning! Our community of "contributing users" is still rather small, so there's a chance for you Smile

Find out all the details in our blog.

Pixabay Photo Contest

Cheers,

Simon

dustytoes

I saw this in my e-mail.  I may go for it, but the fact that you have so many fantastic photographers on Pixabay means I probably have no chance - still, it would be fun (to see what you'll accept of mine!).  I'm having some home renovations done so those photos may work.

And I always enjoy browsing the site - and use many of the pictures you offer too!  I love Pixabay....!

chefkeem

Make sure you upload your pics with a min. size of 1920 x 1080 pixels. I got several of mine rejected because I didn't pay attention to this. You should be fine, if you simply upload the original size as it came from your camera onto your computer.

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Simon
Admin
on 04/04/2013

We don't *reject* images that are lower than 1920 px, however, for receiving an Editor's Choice on Pixabay, an image does have to have at least this size. And an Editor's Choice is the requirement to enter the final judging round of our contest :-)

Sheri_Oz

I'm sure I don't stand a chance of winning this contest but I think maybe I'll upload some photos just for the joy of sharing them with others who even may want to use them. Wouldn't that be fun!

Just a quick question - I have some interesting photos of buildings but they have shop signs on them and I understand that this renders the photos unusable. Any suggestions about what to do about the shop names? Cover them over?  Make up a name and put that on instead? Not upload the photos in the first place?

Simon
Admin
on 04/06/2013

If the images are okay concerning quality, just go ahead and upload them. We take a look and problematic objects won't get approved, anyways. Looking forward to your contributions!

Loading ...
Error!