Create topic New topics

Forum

Help me, please!

Links to Suite 101

SteveRogerson

Is it OK to put in links to articles I've written on Suite 101.

Steve Rogerson
JoHarrington

I hope so, because I've been doing it for over a year. ;)

The usual response is yes, you can link anywhere, as long as you don't go overboard and the link is actually relevant.

BrendaReeves

Hi Steve, It's good to see you over here.

Brenda Reeves
chefkeem

If the links lead to materials that help readers with a better understanding of your topic - yes.  Smile

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
humagaia

And if it is your intention to write at Wizzley rather than 101 from now on, it may be better to link from Suite to your associated Wizzley articles - especially as they are likely to expand on the original content. You will pass established link juice from Suite to your new Wizzley articles, thus giving them a boost. Linking from Wizzley to Suite will have little effect as the new articles will have limited (ie No) link juice to pass on initially.

Https://chazfox.com/
on 04/06/2013

humagaia: 04/06/2013 - 12:22 PM

And if it is your intention to write at Wizzley rather than 101 from now on, it may be better to link from Suite to your associated Wizzley articles - especially as they are likely to expand on the original content. You will pass established link juice from Suite to your new Wizzley articles, thus giving them a boost. Linking from Wizzley to Suite will have little effect as the new articles will have limited (ie No) link juice to pass on initially.

That may be so, humagaia. However, last I heard before I left was that Suite was being described as 'no longer a freelance writing site' by its own managers and effectively all existing articles would either be handed back to the writer or put somewhere in an archive space for 'legacy work'. I'm not sure how effective your advice would be in that situation.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
humagaia

In that case, what is the advantage of linking to articles there, from Wizzley?

Https://chazfox.com/
SteveRogerson

At the moment, the Suite 101 articles are frozen - we can't edit them, which is annoying, so we couldn't put links in them to new articles. There are other reasons I'd like to be able to edit them, such as keeping them up to date. I hope they will have a change of heart about that.

As to linking to them, there are articles I'd like to write that continue in a similar theme to articles I've written for Suite 101 and for which the S101 articles would provide back ground or extra information for the reader, just like any other source one might link to. So linking to them is a way of helping readers.

Steve Rogerson
on 04/06/2013

SteveRogerson: 04/06/2013 - 02:05 PM

At the moment, the Suite 101 articles are frozen - we can't edit them, which is annoying, 

I am so glad not to be tied up in all that *whistles*. My articles always need updating so that would be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I can't see much difference between what you have now and what we endured during the migration phase last year. I count myself lucky that I was able to bring my articles with me when I came over here. That was one thing in their favor, that the management did give us warning of a change of direction and allow us to request return of our work.

Described by one of my clients as 'a literary grammarian', writing, researching and reading are requirements for sanity, at least this side of the keyboard.
Loading ...
Error!