Create topic New topics

Forum

Tips, tricks, and suggestions

Incentives to Write More Than 100 Pages

Mira

Hi there,

I was thinking that maybe we could all benefit from some incentives to write more than 100 pages. The way the site is set up now, we get 55% of the ad impressions at 50 pages and 60% at 100 pages (I think). Could we make it 65% at 200 pages, for instance? Or come up with some sort of contests and prizes which could include only writers with 150 or 200 pages, for instance?

What do you guys think?

kajohu

I still have to get the motivation to make it to 50 pages Tongue Out 

I wonder what percentage of writers here actually make it past 100 pages?  Would a higher share of adsense earnings for prolific authors hurt Wizzley?  Or would it encourage more people to write more, and offset any loss to Wizzley?

Karen
Nelda_Hoxie

I think we need to let the Wizzley owners make money as well. They have done a wonderful job with this interface and have been more than fair. There are more ways to make money here than on HubPages. They are also very friendly to Zazzle promoters, which HP isn't. 

The current split should be incentive enough to write more. Time is the only reason that I haven't written more here. I have got several Wizzles in the works though. 

Sites that payout too much, don't last long. Wizzle owners a lot of time we don't see protecting us from spammers and the like. I'm quite happy with things the way the are. 

chefkeem

Nelda summed it up nicely. Thank you! Smile

We wouldn't want to change anything, at this time.

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann is the co-founder of a pretty cool new platform called...um...er...oh, yeah - Wizzley.com.
Mira

Nelda, you make some very good points. And thanks, Chef, for your words. It is a good place, I agree.

Loading ...
Error!