This is a Greek styled pudding (glyko) that is mouth watering, quick to make and will make you come back for more. In making this you will become so popular that everyone in the family will expect a crumble as a daily journey to taste bud heaven. This particular crumble is made with plums but if you wish you can also add apples to the mix and even red berries. Equally you can use any fruit of your choice on its own. In general the Greek cuisine uses Amaretti cookies a lot in its pudding department and the Amaretti tang really adds to the taste of this crumble and gives it its mouthwatering flavour. Go on try it!
Greek Styled Plum Crumble
This delicious Greek styled plum crumble recipe is made all the more mouthwatering with the addition of Amaretti cookies in the crumble topping.
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
Yields: Serves six people
8 to 10 fresh plums
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
30 grams butter
100 grams amaretti cookies
150 grams flour
100 grams butter, small squares
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
|Pastry Recipes: The Ultimate Pastry Recipe Book, Your Guide to Making Easy and Delightful Pastrie...|
Easy and Tasty Pastry Recipes for Beginners! If you are new to baking and want to learn how to make homemade pastries, then this cookbook can surely help you out!A cup of coffee...
|Pastry for Beginners Cookbook: Step-by-Step Recipes for Sweet and Savory Treats|
Become a pastry aficionado with this all-in-one pastry cookbookBaking beautifully golden, buttery pastries from scratch may seem intimidating—but all it takes is a tasty recipe ...
|Dinner in French: My Recipes by Way of France: A Cookbook|
New York Times star food writer Melissa Clark breaks down the new French classics with 150 recipes that reflect a modern yet distinctly French sensibility.“Melissa Clark’s conte...
- Place 30 grams of butter, the lemon juice and two tablespoons of sugar into a small saucepan.
- Cut the plums into small pieces, throw away the pips and put the pieces into the saucepan.
- Stir and simmer for about two minutes with the lid off. Then place the lid on the saucepan and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl you will cook the crumble in and leave to cool.
- Place the Amaretti cookies in a plastic food bag and using your fist grind the cookies into very small crumble like bits. Do not over grind into a powder as the crumble effect will be lost.
- Put the ground Amaretti cookies into a bowl and add in the 100 grams of butter which have been cut into small squares, the 150 grams of flour, the 1 teaspoon of baking powder and the 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Using your fingers mix the ingredients until you have a crumble like topping.
- Sprinkle the topping over the plums leaving a small gap on the side so the plum juice can bubble through when cooking.
- Place in oven at 190 degrees and cook for 50 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream or cream topping.
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||243|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 27 g||42%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Carbohydrates 239 g||80%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg