There are different variation possibilities for this nice recipe. The banana bread can be served with tea or coffee or simply as a dessert.
How to bake a banana bread
My banana bread is always a hit! The recipe is very easy and the bread really always works out!
I learned the recipe for the banana bread in Africa. It is totally flexible and easy. It always works out, even, if you are not too exact with the measurements. In Africa most of the women also do not use a scale but just add randomly. You may want to organize the bananas for the bread already some days before, since it tastes better when the bananas are totally ripe. In Africa there is the advantage that also the cute, small sweet bananas can be used which are really great to bake with.
Here is the shopping list for the banana bread:
- Flour (around 180 Grams)
- Coconut graters (around 100 Grams)
- 1 small pack backing powder
- 1 pack vanilla custard powder
- 5 big or 10 small bananas
- Margarine (around 125 Grams)
- 2 Eggs
- Lemon Juice from 2-3 lemons
- Sugar (around 159 Grams)
- fat and flour for the baking mould
- a dash of salt
Preparation for the dough:
- Take a bowl and mash the bananas in it until they look like porridge. You can use a potato masher or, to be quicker, an immersion blender.
- Mix the lemon juice with the mashed bananas, so that they will not get brown.
- Take a second bowl in which you mix the margarine, salt and sugar until they are a compact mixture.
- Then just add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and stir well.
- Mix the contents of both bowls together and stir well.
- Fill the whole dough in a baking mould which should be greased nicely.
- Bake it for around 45 minutes, temperature: 180-200 degrees.
- The baking time depends on the stove, so better check regulary by stabbing a fork in the bread. if there is no dough on the fork anymore, when you take it out, then the bread is surely ready.
As mentioned, there are many different ways for this recipe. So here are some suggestions for different variations:
- Instead of the coconut it is possible to use any kind of grated nuts, especially if you do not want to make the bread too sweet.
- For people who want it even sweeter use chocolate graters instead.
- The combination chocolate-banana is always nice, so how about icing the banana bread with chocolate after baking?
- Itis also nice to cut it in half to fill with Nutella or jam.
- Instead of vanilla custard powder you might wanna use other flavours like chocolate or caramel.
You are free to play around with the recipe, as long as the main ingredients are in it, it will always work out!
Bananas on Amazon
|CLIF BAR - Energy Bars - Peanut Butter Banana Dark Chocolate - (2.4 Ounce Protein Bars, 12 Count)|
Born on a 175-mile bike ride and purposefully crafted with great-tasting, wholesome, and sustainably sourced ingredients, CLIF BAR energy bars have been fueling world-class comp...Only $19.71
|SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Bananas & Cream Shake - Ready to Drink Meal Replacement - 20g Protien...|
Creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-appealing, this bananas & Cream ready-to-drink shake from SlimFast has solved the dilemma of what to eat when you need a hearty meal, but simply don’t ...
|365 Everyday Value, Sweetened Banana Chips, 8 oz|
Our standards are what set us apart, and our quality is what keeps us stocking pantries, fridges and freezers with the best natural and organic 365 Everyday Value products every...Only $2.99
|Snapple Go Bananas, All Natural, 16 Fl Oz (Pack of 8, Total of 128 Fl Oz)|
Snapple Go Bananas, All Natural!
|Hi-Chew Sensationally Chewy Japanese Fruit Candy, Banana, 1.76 Ounce (Pack of 10)|
HI-CHEW is a soft, chewy candy that contains real fruit juices and purees, no artificial colors, gluten free, cholesterol-free and 0g Trans Fat. HI-CHEW is the #1 soft candy in ...Only $12.50
|Organic Dark Chocolate Chewy Banana Bites - 3.5 Ounce (3 Count) - Delicious Barnana Coated Potass...|
Chocolate Barnana Bites, covered in Fair Trade 66% Cacao Dark Chocolate, make a pure match of two smooth flavors. Crafted from organic bananas and organic chocolate, these sat...