I’ve owned a wood-burning stove since 2009. I found early on that after burning wood for several days in a row, soot and creosote would build up on the stove’s glass door. In the beginning, I used commercial wood stove cleaning solutions, which worked quite well. However, the smell was overpowering, and I worried that I would be sickened by the chemicals in the solution.
After a bit of trial and error, I found two easier - and much greener - methods to clean. The first way is to burn only hard, seasoned wood. Not only will this keep your chimney from coating up with creosote, but it will burn off the heavier soot and grime from your glass. The second way is to use 3 simple items that you should have around your house. Using these two methods, your stove glass will be as good as new!