Many of us spend time every day going through a skin care regimen for our face. How many people do the same for their hands? Our hands can be a very clear indicator of how old we are. Taking care of your hands should be included in your skin care regimen. As a way many of us express ourselves, our hands are out there for everyone to see. There are things you can do to your hands to make them look younger and keep them looking younger.
How to do Your Own Anti-Aging Manicure
Our hands can tell our age if not taken care of. Tips to give yourself an anti-aging manicure including nail colors.
Do It Yourself Anti-Aging Manicure
- Trim your nails to whatever length you like. Hint: Shorter nails make your hands look younger.
- Mix together equal parts of milk and warm water in a bowl. Make sure the bowl is big enough for your to soak both your entire hands in. The lactic acid in the milk helps to exfoliate your hands.
- Add Vitamin E to mixture for extra soft hands.
- Soak hands for 30 minutes.
- Dry hands off and apply cuticle cream or oil.
- Push cuticles back gently.
- Use a gentle facial scrub and exfoliate hands one more time.
- Apply a retinol cream to your hands.
- Add two coats of a flattering nail color.
- Finish with a glossy top coat.
- Allow to dry for 45 minutes while relaxing.
Tips for Younger Looking Hands
- Moisturize your cuticles every day. Solar Oil is great to keep by your bed side table.
- Use a non acetone nail color remover so it won't dry out your hands.
- For dry skin use a lotion that includes Ceremides like CeraVe.
- For wrinkles use a retinol cream every night.
- To even out brown spots use Ambi Fade Cream on your hands.
- A glossy top coat applied after nail color makes your hands look younger and they stand out so much more.
- Use a facial scrub to exfoliate your hands often.
- Stay away from nail colors that will accentuate your veins and spots on your hands. Bluish reds and white nudes will do this.
|CeraVe Lotion, Moisturizing, 12 oz.|
Fast absorbing CeraVe moisturizing lotion is formulated to increase your skin's ability to attract, hold and distribute moisture. It penetrates deeply to restore balance and ess...
|Ambi Skincare Fade Cream, Normal Skin, 2-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 2)|
Ambi Fade Creams are developed to visibly reduce the appearance of dark marks and skin discolorations for an even, natural skin tone. When used as directed, you will begin to se...Only $7.52
|RoC Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer SPF30, 1-Fluid Ounces Box|
Helps to visibly reduce expression lines and the appearance of deep wrinkles while protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays. Enriched with Vitamin E and SPF 30 UVA/UVB s...Only $17.75
|Creative Nail Design Solaroil .5 oz.|
A CONDITIONING OIL FOR NAILS AND SKIN 1/2oz
Sure Fire Manicure Killer
- Alcohol – hand sanitizers will dull your polish and sometimes will even take away the top coat.
- Body and facial scrubs if used in the shower will chip away at your manicure too.
- Keep hands away from cold water after a manicure to keep the polish from cracking.
- Folding warm laundry will soften the nail polish and cause imperfections.
- Texting can also chip away at your nice manicure.
2012 Spring Nail Color Trends
Did You Ear About Van Gogh? By OPI
Essie's To Buy or Not to Buy
Coral Reef by Essie
Sally Hansen's Fairy Teal
June by Chanel le Vernis
Color So Hot it Burns by OPI
Violet Vixen by Loreal
Going to the Chapel by Orly
All of these colors can be found at Amazon.