There are so many ways to play up your eyes and make them look bigger. These are a few tips that I have tried successfully over the years and would like to share with you. They are very simple and if one doesn't work for you, try another. You don't have to put on a ton of eye makeup to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. All of these items are very simple to do and a few don't involve makeup at all.
How to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
A few tips on making your eyes look bigger and brighter.
Tips to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger and Brighter
- Use 2 eye colors from the same family. It gives your eyes dimension.
- Apply mascara from the base of the lash out. Apply 2-3X for full coverage.
- Keep your eye brows plucked and groomed. Go to get a wax if you can't pluck them yourself. It will make a world of difference in how much bigger your eyes will look.
Photo credit: Wikipedia Commons, CCA Ohmargieg
- Use these colors for your eyes:
- Brown eyes – purples, blues, silvers, and greens
Blue Eyes – copper, bronze, purples, rust
Hazel Eyes- neutrals, browns, gray, black, purple
- Blue eye liner can brighten up all eye colors, even blue eyes.
- Use concealers that are peachy or skin tone color instead of yellow concealers for under eye dark circles.
- Curl your eye lashes.
- Try using false lashes when going out. These are really easy to apply and worth it for a night out.
- Use powder on your eyes if not wearing an eye shadow. Try using a color that is a shade or so darker than your skin tone.
- Create the Ombre look on your eyes – use a darker color in the crease and a lighter color on the base. Use a highlighter in the inside corners and at the top of the brow bone.
- Use a lighter highlight color in the inside corners of your eyes.
- Use a lighter color eye shadow on your lids.
- Using colorful eyeliners that compliment your eye color can brighten your eyes. Purple, green, and blue eye liners provide color and open up brown eyed beauties. Browns and purples will brighten up blue eyes. Browns will open up hazel eyes. Blue will open up all of the eye colors.
- Concealers that are liquid are better to smooth out under eye imperfections. They don't cake up under your eyes like cream or stick concealers.
- Use a colored mascara on your lashes that compliments your eye color. Blue or purple for brown eyes. Brown , purple or blacks for blue eyes and hazel eyes. Black is always good for all eyes all the time. Spicing your peeps up with a pop of color is really fun.
Tips for Brown Eyes from Makeup Geek
Make Your Eyes Bigger with These Accessories
|MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara|
Intensely inky, this lightweight, innovative mousse-like formula creates the illusion of lash extensions. Saturates lashes in the deepest, darkest, richest black imaginable ...
|NYX Studio Liquid Liner 101 Extreme Blue|
NYX?s studio liquid liner, is a highly pigmented liquid liner that provides bold, intense color to emphasize the eye. The fine brush tip provides drawing precision of thin and ...Only $4.50
|4 Starry Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner Gel Black Asphalt, Brown, Violet and Iguana Green|
This innovative eyeliner offers the precision of liquid eyeliner and the ease of a gel based formula. The color is long-wearing and water resistant. Can be used to create ...
|Ardell Lash Grip Eye Lash Adhesive Clear|
Ardell Lash Grip Eye Lash Adhesive is easy to use, dries quickly, and holds lashes securely in place.
|Ardell Fashion Lashes Pair - 101 Demi (Pack of 4)|
Ardell fashion lashes look so real, so natural that others think you were born with beautiful, lush eyelashes. made of 100% sterilized human hair, each lash strip is knotted ...
|Tweezerman Classic Eyelash Curler|
The finest metal curler available, featuring extra sturdy construction, smooth opening and closing action. Rounded curler pad creates intense curl.