Venice & The Veneto cherish past and present
Venice & The Veneto by Susie Boulton and Cristopher Catling anticipates questions from Eyewitness Travel Book Series readers and world travelers regarding northeast Italy’s unique region and World Heritage Site city. It begins with two pages on the guide’s organization. It contains five sections which function as:
• description of the world-famous city’s and region’s culture, geography, and history;
• elaboration of Venice’s landforms and landmarks;
• explanation of the Veneto’s lakes, plains, and mountains;
• identification of places to go and things to do in terms of entertainment, events, lodgings, meals, shops, and sights; and
• information on admissions, communications and media, customs, documentation, electricity, etiquette, health and safety, imperial/metric conversions, public conveniences, specialty travel, taxes and tipping, tourism, and transportation.