Why Classical Music Isn't Boring

by IJR112

Most people don't listen to classical music because they think it is boring. This article will describe why that is very misguided.

Classical Music Isn't Boring

Almost everyone I know rarely if ever listens to classical music.  They tell me it is really boring and not very cool.  This really frustrates me because I know how not true that is.  I've done a lot of thinking on the matter and have figure out why people feel this way: it's because not all classical music is created equal.  Let me explain.

If you turn on a local classical music station, you will probably think the music is really boring.  They tend to play almost all symphonic works and in many cases pieces that aren't very popular.  I don't listen to these stations because I personally find them boring.  I would in fact say that 90% of what's considered classical music actually is pretty boring.  What people don't realize is how awesome the other 10% of classical music is.  The best works by Chopin and Beethoven are amazing and can range from the most tender expressions you've ever heard to the darkest, most violent music around.  I can really only convey this by giving some examples of what you should listen in order to change your viewpoint on classical music.

Chopin

Chopin is my favorite composer.  You should start by listening to his 1st ballade.  You will immediately recognize that this music is very far from boring and in fact one of the most amazing pieces of music ever written.  From there, you can listen to his 4th ballade, 2nd scherzo, 3rd scherzo, barcarolle, heroic polonaise, and 2nd sonata for some of his bigger works.  If you are looking for very tender, lovely pieces of music, listen to his nocturnes.  If you want fireworks, you can try his etudes.  His music is truly amazing.

Beethoven

Beethoven is my second favorite composer.  His Appasionata is an unbelievable piece of music and I can't think of anything else that is more full of passion.  Listen to his Tempest, pathetique, op.109, op.111, Waldstein, Moonlight, and op.7 sonatas and will quickly realize how exciting his music can be.  Then you can listen to some of his orchestral works like the emperor concerto and his 5th and 7th symphonies.  Beethoven was a master and believe it or not he wrote more than just Fur Elise.

The Others

Chopin and Beethoven are by far my favorite composers.  However, there are amazing works that I love by other great composers such as Bach, Debussy, Ravel, and Liszt.  Hopefully once you listen to the Chopin and Beethoven works that I suggest, you will have the desire to discover more classical music.

 

 

Chopin's 1st Ballade

Beethoven's 5th Symphony

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement

Chopin's Heroic Polonaise

Beethoven's Appasionata Sonata

Updated: 11/14/2011, IJR112
 
Thank you! Would you like to post a comment now?
1

Comments


   Login
Yeirl on 11/19/2011

Chopin has been my favorite for 3 decades now.

You might also like

Beethoven: The Genius Who Composed The Moonlight Sonata

Ludwig van Beethoven is probably the best known composer of classical music. ...


Disclosure: This page generates income for authors based on affiliate relationships with our partners, including Amazon, Google and others.
Loading ...
Error!