Wizzley will grow in value for authors, readers and the owners if we insist on quality standards.
Our core standard is the submission of original content, with a minimum of 400 words. The search engines, particularly Google, value original content and so do our readers who are tired of reading rehashed or heavily spun articles.
We also insist on a balance between original content and advertisements. Our rule of thumb is that 400 words of original content allows for up to eight advertisements (including AllPoster images). Each additional advertisement over this limit requires an additional 50 words of original content (not including a description of the advertised product or service).
How do I know that I am adding value?
A good way into this issue is to ask yourself these questions:
- Does my article provide something useful to the reader (over and above the advertisements)?
- Would my article encourage a reader to return to my articles and Wizzley?
- Do I have the reader in mind when I write or is my focus solely on making a sale?
- Will the reader be enriched in understanding, knowledge, or insight as a result of my article?
- Am I adding some original ideas born of my experience or unique perspective?
Editorial Actions and Article/Author Status
As creators and editors of Wizzley, we have the right to determine whether we will accept or reject submitted articles or require amendment or removal (refer Terms of Service).
Our editorial actions are as follows:
- Marked: requesting the author to make specified amendments. The article is returned to “unpublished” status and we are advised when the article is republished. We will review the re-submitted article to ensure that it meets our quality standards and has been amended in accordance with our request.
- Locked: article is no longer available to the author and is removed from access by the search engines (will drop out of search engines index).
- Account Deleted: this option is reserved for the extreme event where an author blatantly violated the Wizzley TOS. Access to the author's account is removed. Author may contact Wizzley to request backup copies of their work within 30 days.
When do we mark articles?
Articles are marked for revision by the authors when one or more of the following aspects are present:
- Article does not contain 400 words of original content
- The balance between original content and advertisements is not right
- Over-promotional in nature
- Numerous spelling or grammatical errors are present
- Meaningless sentences or clumsy construction of sentences (obvious signs of spun articles).
- Article adds little in way of value to the reader
- Lacks integration – involves a series of disconnected modules or statements
- Contains images that are not appropriately attributed
- Duplicate content to an unacceptable level
- Keyword stuffing (excessive use of the same keyword)
When do we lock articles?
The circumstances in which we lock articles are:
- Spammy articles – where the sole purpose is to promote a product or service
- Duplicate content – direct copy of material published elsewhere
- Involves a topic on our “Wizz-Not” list
- Article offers nothing of value to the reader
When do we delete an account?
Accounts are deleted where one or more of the following circumstances exist:
- Demonstrated anti-social behaviour on Wizzley or other social networking site
- Abuse of the Wizzley facilities (e.g. comment spamming)
- Significant breach of the Terms of Service of Wizzley (e.g. assuming the identity of another person on the Internet or linking to adult sites or sites with spurious content)
- Repeated spammy articles or articles of very low quality
- Frequently ignoring requests for revision of articles
- Author of multiple articles that have been locked for the reasons given above.